Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1939 Ford Deluxe what goes in this hole in the Dash?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom Fabricator, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Kustom Fabricator

Kustom Fabricator

Wiring the car with a Bauer harness and I have two wires dumping out right next to this hole in the dash. I have the wire for the lighter below it. By identifying the wires it seems like it should be a dimmer for the dash lights but I believe the 39 Deluxe had the switch under the dash to the left of the steering column.

Just need to know what is suppose to go in that hole.

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Those 2 wires are probably for the dash light switch that mounts at the bottom of the dash to the right of the column drop. That hole is for the the Throttle knob, (think old time cruise control) and the one just like it on the other side of the speaker grille, is for the choke knob. Both pull out and ride in rubber bushings that clip in to the dash.

3. Here is the dash for my 39 Standard. those are the original style knobs, the one missing is for the cigar lighter.

39 dash.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Kustom Fabricator

Kustom Fabricator

Perfect!!! Thanks Jason. Much appreciated. Have the choke in the dash. Just replaced the grommet in the firewall and I noticed another hole in the firewall that had tape over it that would line up with the hole in the dash, so that makes sense now. I’m missing the mechanism completely.

5. its not so much a mechanism, as it is a big ass long rod. I had hoped to use both in my 39 but, had to lose the tripower with 94's on it for the time being....

lothiandon1940 likes this.