Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1939 Ford convertible sedan update "putting on a top"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lockwoodkustoms, May 21, 2012.

1. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Ok I have been stalling on doing this but my wife is driving me crazy...........:D............to get this part done. This is the original top and well it was all welded up and had chicken wire batting and a headliner in it. I have never really had any reason for putting it back on the car but my wife insists on it and well a Happy Wife is a Happy life. :D. So the thing is I am going to leave it welded together and I really want to pad it and install the new top I have for it but I still want to remove it and run the tonnouea cover when I want :eek:. This is what the top irons look like so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And one with the top laying on the bows.

I am wondering if there is ant in depth coverage on doing this style top. "Carson " style Thanks!

2. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I almost forgot my baby girl loves the car so I am installing seat belts this year to.

[​IMG]

3. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Btt for some help I had searched before anyone jumps down my throat...:) I am hoping that someone can help steer me in the right direction Thanks

4. Be sure and use some pads(as original)to get the top looking correct..You can get them premade from LeBaron-Bonney

5. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Thanks wbrw32 I really appreciate the knowledge. I had bought a complete top kit from MAC's and it has a bunch of padded pieces those might be what your telling me.

6. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Nobody else can help me out with info????