Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1939 - 47 Dodge 1/2 ton pickup front leaf spring U bolts.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Steve Lowe, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Steve Lowe

Steve Lowe

While doing a disc brake conversion I decided to address a few other steering and suspension things on my 39 Plymouth pickup. Made a new tie rod and bought a set of front leaf spring bumpers which were missing. Anyhow, after taking off the U bolts (spring clip 564009 according to old Dodge Job Rated master parts list) I discovered the 7/16-20 threads were in less than perfect condition. They feel looser than I like and thought it a good time to replace them hopefully with NOS. These original parts are forged steel. My truck has 1-3/4 wide springs which seem to be an unusual size. I have not been able to find any NOS or aftermarket U bolts. I'm hoping someone might know where to find 4 of these? I made a drawing in case I need to have them fabricated. Anyone had any made like this with the square bend? If so, who's the go-to place? Opinions and advice welcomed. DSCN2525.JPG DSCN2526.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Doublepumper

Doublepumper

In the past I've had mine made by Gitt's Spring. They can custom make them if they don't have them in stock.
    www.gittspring.com - 253-833-6806 - 1-800-228-2861

thumbnail.jpg

X38 likes this.