Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 1938-1939 Ford Truck Club!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squigy, May 12, 2010.

1. Rods & Relics

Rods & Relics

Jeff,
    That's a bugger about the holes, but one hell of a story!
    It'll make it even more worth while once you "get her done" ;)

2. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Great Looking Truck..........Just looked in your profile, Great Pic's :cool:

3. krobert56

krobert56

set the speedo deeper in the dash! [​IMG]

4. krobert56

krobert56

Front tonner bumper ready! [​IMG]

5. krobert56

krobert56

door panels nice crinkle finish and reduced 3 inches in height! [​IMG]

6. sweet! hey i seen the hood sides yesterday! :)

7. krobert56

krobert56

8. krobert56

krobert56

today we had to play inside ! [​IMG]

9. sknuisance

sknuisance
    from Canyon TX

Since I have a spare 38 pickup now, I am thinking about selling what I don't use to build my pickup, Anyone have any clue what a running 59ab flat head is worth? it has a rebuild tag from Sun Bearing Company in Tulsa on it, I fired it up and let it get hot and circulate water through the block, seems to run good for bare spark plug wires and a leaking fuel pump. I will also have a set of fenders, a cab, running boards and a hood and a gill coming up soon.

10. I've always liked these years of Ford pickups, finally dragged one home this week. High desert truck without a speck of rust, even under the doors and inside the windshield frame are dry and have their awful green paint intact. It's set up for a sbf/auto but I'm unsure what I'll use in it. Heading over to check out an old yard trailer my uncle has that was made from a '40 pickup bed to see about using that. Hopefully I can find somebody local with one of these trucks cause I have a few questions and I'm a better visual learner. Here's a couple pics- pay no attention to the dufus with the silly grin on his face- he just got an old vehicle that he's wanted for a long time- and a screaming deal of a price. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397146047.842601.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397146074.890237.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397146100.951197.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397146126.742359.jpg
    And the twins giving it the once over and approval.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  11. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Been building this 39 for my father. Building as a late 50's show/shop truck. Channelled 4", 4" drop axle, reverse eye leaf, 8BA flathead. Will be painted limefire green (1957 Pontiac color) with white tuck and roll interior. hoping to be done by fall.

Attached Files:

12. krobert56

krobert56

Are ya Diggin them out fer me Oh please oh Please ??

13. still in there, i can see them through window! LOL!

14. 38-39 ford truck lover

38-39 ford truck lover
    from duluth,mn

15. havi

havi

Very good indeed!

16. 38-39 ford truck lover

38-39 ford truck lover
    from duluth,mn

and another from a month ago, bought in ND....set on an s10 frame , glass fenders, repo box and tailgate, chassis is set up for bags...maybe a winter project...and I have the rest of the body parts

Attached Files:

17. Anybody else wanna add anything to this thread?

Mine is inching closer to driving. 283 stroker (307) and 4 speed all mounted and ready, getting the front sheet metal setup. I'm looking for 1/2 ton front fenders if anyone has some they've been tripping over and are desperate to get out of their way..
    Also looking for a windshield regulator and A pillar moldings.

18. Have a pair in pretty good shape . It snowed last night but is going to melt off today . Will take some pictures Monday and see if you are interested. Any ideas on how to get them out west ? Blue

19. Maybe greyhound? I will check the relay section too- maybe there's a load coming this way.

20. @ Fourspeedwagon--windshield regulator is same for '37-'38 car and truck; they turn up on eBay pretty often. '39 uses a different regulator but it is the same as '39 cars. '39 regulator has a round knob up on top of the upper dash panel instead of the T-handle where it is on '37 and '38.

21. Thanks 38- I knew the others were different but didn't realize the 39 car one is the same. I think I saw reproduction 39 units for sale but they said car. Can't wait to get this sucker rolling

22. .4 speed , if I can get pict. To load pm me if interested. Wouldn't let me load last picture to large a file . Blue image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

23. saucerhead

saucerhead

I have two pretty nice '39 pickup doors for sale. They were on my '40 pickup when I got it.
    $100 for the pair. I'm in southwest Ohio.

24. I have an extra '37-'38 windshield regulator that came out of a '37 coupe, but don't want to part with it, in case I ever strip the gears on the one in my truck. Cars and trucks use the same regulator; '37 and '38 are the same; '39 is a one year only design. You can put a '39 regulator in a '37 or '38 if you have the '39 upper dash panel to go with it and vice versa.

25. I need some help identifying this 1938 One Tonner. From everything I can find (and I've been searching A LOT) all 39/39 one ton trucks (save, obviously the Express) wouldn't have had running boards that extended past the cab. This truck not only came with the long boards but the chassis itself has a 3rd running board support OE. The stake bed seems OE as well so I don't quite think it was ever an express.

I have heard, however, that there were a few of these truck with full boards and rear
    flat-top fenders produced to clear the bed rails. Any info on these?

Thank you in advance.

154176_902405624825_889550_n.jpg IMG_1292.JPG

26. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

hood supports bolt to the side panels and they are not strong enough to support thr hood consequently the panel is damaged . I never use mine I just prop it up.

27. Ford did make flat-top rear fenders that fit under the stake bed. The stake bed and full length running boards on your truck are correct. Most of the stake beds with full length running boards and flat top fenders were 1/2 ton 112" wheelbase, but they did make them that way up to 1 ton, the 1 ton (and 3/4 ton that was introduced in '39) being rare birds. I have a factory advertisement framed in my garage for a '38 one tonner with the stake bed, flat top fenders and full running boards.

28. Awesome. Thank you! Is there any way you could take a quick photo of that advertisement?

I am also assuming finding these flat-top fenders is going to be next to impossible? If so, can I source an Express fender and modify it? I'm pretty good at shaping.

29. krobert56

krobert56

other shots of stake beds with full length running boards and flat top fenders 1/2 ton 112" wheelbase m.jpg
    mn.jpg