Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 1938-1939 Ford Truck Club!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squigy, May 12, 2010.

1. Winnebago 37 Ford 041.jpg
    ...here's a factory 37 Ford flatbed with the fenders...

exterminator likes this.
  2. Thanks for the feedback. Does anyone have photos of the 122 wheelbase with rear fenders?

I've been searching and may have a lead on some Express fenders that I will modify to work with what I have since sourcing originals will be next to impossible.

3. krobert56

krobert56

4. 7t2vette

7t2vette

Hi everyone, new guy here! I am trying to help my dad finish the restoration of his 1939 Ford pickup truck, and I am looking for some parts.

A little backstory about the truck: I helped my dad pull it out of a rural Ontario farmer's field in 1978. I was 9 yrs old. Over the next 4 years, I helped my dad get it back to road worthy shape - it wasn't really a restoration at that time. My dad drove it for the next 20+ yrs, until it was at the point where it really needed to be restored. It sat for close to a decade before he started the work, which he started after he retired. It is almost done!

He needs a few parts to get this finished:

-the chrome hood latch
    -the stainless trim that goes around the front grille

If anyone on here knows where we can locate these items, it would be awesome!

Here are a few pics I took at the bodyshop in February:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

Bruce

5. Robert Evenski

Robert Evenski
    from Canton, CT

I'd like to jump in here if I could....
    I bought a '38 Ford one ton from Nebraska which I took delivery on early last June. The truck had not run for decades, but almost all of it was there and in reasonable condition. The engine turned, and the truck rolled. I'm doing a stock restoration which has involved rebuilding every component as well as a full metal body repair. The cab is just about ready to go back on the chassis. I am, however, still looking for a few pieces: a 54" tailgate and 1 cast tailgate hinge. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who could point me in a direction on any of these parts.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  6. Racerex

Racerex

Just got my '39 pickup on the road, so I figured that I should join the club. It's powered by a 59ab, which is stock with the exception of a set of Navarro heads.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

38fordpickup likes this.
  7. whiskeyding

whiskeyding

Hello fellows, I am looking for radiator support plates for my 39 pick up. Mine are there but the important part where the rad.org bolts is cut out. Any help finding these world be appreciated. Or information on what other models would work like :40or 39 deluxe thank you. Oh here's a picture I found on line 1458616211745.jpg

Sent from my E6782 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. whiskeyding

whiskeyding

9. Racerex

Racerex

Would anyone happen to have a center grille trim piece that they would be willing to part with, preferably a '39?

Sent from my SM-G930V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. arj

arj

Here is my 38 pickup, all original in washington blue WP_001076.jpg WP_001076.jpg

Attached Files:

Racerex likes this.
  11. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

12. ARJ , very nice ! Blue

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just found this thread, I'm collecting parts for a future truck project. Trying to learn what I can about 1938 - 1947 Ford Trucks. Bob

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

15. third_edition

third_edition

Wow, great thread and my type of people :).
    My 39 does not have a gas pedal or any linkage - does anyone have a nice picture of their interior that would show me how these trucks looked when they were new?
    Thanks,
    George

16. 38-39 ford truck lover

38-39 ford truck lover
    from duluth,mn

1938 fire truck. parts, just came from Chicago area, home to MN, to join the collection, mileage showed 6800, not sure how long its been apart and stored, but was happy and yes I made the siren sound..RRRR>>RRRR>>>RRRRRR P_20160809_190428.jpg P_20160809_191659.jpg

JOYFLEA likes this.
  17. Mike_V8

Mike_V8
    from Germany

Amazing amount of still "living" '38/'39 PUs. :cool:
    Got mine from Missouri last year. Wanted an original one and have been searching for a long time. Not easy from good old Germany.... Now I'm trying to restore all the parts which are not working correctly or have been "modified".
    Does anybody can post a picture of the glovebox door hinge in detail? Mine is completly missing.:mad:
    I found some pictures, but they don't show how the part - which is fixed to the dash - fits to the other side. Might be realy difficult to get it on a picture. IMG_0002.JPG

18. manyolcars

manyolcars

I have driven my 39 every day for 17 years, and have towed other old cars and trucks a total of about 9000 miles in that time. That is pullingdoubles.jpg a conservative estimate. Its a work truck

Asphalt Demon and The37Kid like this.
  19. Mike_V8

Mike_V8
    from Germany

You guys over there have so much luck to have this beauties all around you...
    I'm living in the wrong place....:(

20. You double towing there? o_O

21. krobert56

krobert56

22. fureone

fureone
    from antioch ca

Hey great thread I'm trying to figure out how the seat mounts to my gas tank I have a frame but not sure if I'm missing any parts can anyone help thanks

Sent from my SM-N930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. krobert56

krobert56

2 knob posts on the tank corners fit holes in plywood base for seat - top bolts through cab under back window -- pics are in my 39 gallery

24. fureone

fureone
    from antioch ca

Thank you the plywood base is what I needed to know much appreciated

25. My 39 didn't have the tank under the seat ? Can you show me soon Picts. Mine had a base with two pins and the seat had plywood base as stated above . Very interesting . Blue

26. fureone

fureone
    from antioch ca

Yeah I'll see if I can get a pick I'm still trying to understand this truck i got it with the tank under the the seat so i kept it that way I'm starting to think my cab is big truck

27. fureone

fureone
    from antioch ca

28. Where dose it fill from ? Mine is like the truck in post 279 with the pict of the grill sitting in that space . Mine is in the rear between the frame rails with spout thru LRFender .

29. fureone

fureone
    from antioch ca

It fills from the cab corner and there is no ash tray in the dash which from what I've read is supposed to be 38

30. fureone

fureone
    from antioch ca

And my rear fender is smooth with no evidence that it was filled