Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1937 to 1942 Willys Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Willys, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Weasel

Weasel

Yep but project stalled out due to - life:(. Car is almost paint ready, engine is partially completed, chassis is done except rear axle housing needs to be replaced. Still a ton of work to be done but hopefully it will be worth it - no timescales and no deadlines. Engine is a 32V Weslake Chevrolet with custom fuel injection - car will appear close to stock with all the factory gizmos and dingleberries - all the trim, and period accessories - wind wings, Willys script fog lights etc. Just lower with slightly widened stock wheels and caps - Halibrands are going to go....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bashnscratch

Bashnscratch

A couple I haven't seen before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bash

3. Weasel

Weasel

The top one is Brian Hornes' 1937 T.J Richards of Adelaide bodied roadster ute and the lower Holden bodied Overland panel van is owned by Jason DesJardins and was previously owned by the late Terry Ehrlich of Hemmings Motor News. I believe I posted both of these earlier in this thread but due to Photobucket's problems they may have been wiped out....

4. tozyp

tozyp

Brandon here's a photo I found in my fathers old pictures from 1967. "Snoopy" was on your trunk lid back then.

Attached Files:

5. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hi Weasel,

Very cool build in deed buddy. I really like your style old mate, it is killer. Hope you get a chance to get back in to it sooner rather than later, you could always send it to me to finish off ;)
    What colour is the 40 going to be ?

6. Weasel

Weasel

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  7. Weasel

Weasel

8. Weasel

Weasel

Here's the visual for my coupe but will add Willys script accessory driving lights....

[​IMG]

9. 440 deluxe

440 deluxe

cant wait to ccccccccccccc!!

10. Weasel

Weasel

Danny don't hold your breath....;)

11. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

it will be a super sleeper for sure ! :cool:

12. hypermung

hypermung

Hi Fellas. I just thought I'd share some pics of the Willys I recently bought in Queensland.
    Its a 1937 TJR roadster utility that's seen better days, but is quite saveable. Definitely a factory roadster utility with the body # WT 101.
    Why do farmers always put them into retirement under trees?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

gettin some fresh air...:eek:

Attached Files:

14. hypermung

hypermung

Been sitting in the same spot for 40+ years & everything frozen solid.
    Disassembled in-situ & brought home piece by piece in the back of a ute.
    [​IMG]
    Once home, it was all pressure washed & re-assembled for another photo... Looks heaps better now.
    [​IMG]
    All I need now is a decent chassis as this one was rusted thru in many spots.... Any leads Hemiken?

15. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

looks better already nice start and save !

16. drumyn29

drumyn29

I should send you a frame.

17. hypermung

hypermung

Do you have a decent (read: really nice) frame Jeff?
    I would like to use an original, but I won't skimp on the chassis in any way... It's the backbone of the vehicle after all ! There's no point in putting my time & effort into the body with a patched up, half rusty piece of shit underneath it.
    I can easily have a new frame engineered & fabricated over here from new materials, rather than have to worry about 75 years of rust in places you can't get to.
    Call me selfish, but my safety is paramount !

18. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Big thanks to Hot Rod Willy and Sam[badgas] Today I went to look at what I thought was a 36 willys 3w,i just read HRW's post on page 119 and it confirms the car is actually a Vauxhall,the car was missing front panels in the pic's so I assumed it was a willys,i love the pressed roof,it would be good to know the production nmbrs as I've never come across one,anyway it goes on the trailer this w/end,i'm happy as a pig in shit,lol, Gaz!

19. 3day

3day
    from UK

What became of this one Weasel? I know it was advertised for sale a few years back. Was it saved?, it would be good to see what it looks like now assuming it was. I think this is another pic of the same car:

Attached Files:

20. drumyn29

drumyn29

I remember speaking with this guy before I started building mine. TOTAL NUT JOB!!

21. junkhead57

junkhead57

If I remember correctly ,that one was in CT. I could never get to talk to the guy who owned it.

22. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

does anyone know about this one , think it was out of san diego

Attached Files:

23. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

Yes Rocky that car ls the now famous bad news red gasser coupe.

Posted in the USA.

24. No it's not. I took those pictures in the 1980's (I think) in Ventura (Montalvo). It was in a quanson hut that could be seen from the 101 freeway close to the Shop (vintage Indians) Not sure what became of the body, most likely pro streeted. The chassis now belongs to a young HAMBer who is building a pick up.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  25. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

I thought I read in an old post that this car became the.bad news? My mistake then. which car was it that became the bad news Kevin?

26. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Your Coupe is going to look sweet Weasel, in my opinion when it comes to the fat fendered Willys from 37 to 42, the 40 DeLuxe is the pick of the bunch, i think they nailed it with everything they put on that model, with one exception, i have a soft spot for 41 headlights, they llok cool. :D

27. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hi Hyperbung, ;) Where abouts in Australia are you ? Looking at your car and the body number WT, that stands for Willys Tourer, is their a tub section or rear doors anywhere on the porperty where you picked up your Willys buddy ?
    As for a chassis, i can help you out with that, i happen to have some stock chassis in stock and i am the guy who builds chassis for Victor at Wild Willys here in Australia. :cool:

Kenny.

28. 440 deluxe

440 deluxe

Down town concord, nc. Not sure the year?

Attached Files:

29. CalGasser

CalGasser

Bad News is originally from the Santa Barbara area (now in Camarillo, CA for over 20 years) and that's not the car from Montalvo. I remember that car when Kev & I went to look at it where he took some pix of it - many moons ago...

30. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

kool picture 440 must have been a hot day he had left the ac on :D