Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 sbf motor mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tigermorser, Nov 12, 2011.

1. tigermorser

tigermorser
    from Cochrane

bought some welder series mounts for my project , just wondering if someone has some pics or measurements for setting this up , plan on running a 289 t5 setup , dont plan on destroying my firewall , hopefully i can just modify the lower section , any help on this would be appreciated thx in advance

2. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

Are we talking about putting this in a 1937 Ford car? If so run the shortie waterpump that Ford Racing sells for these apps. If you are running original front suspension you can make your life easier by modifying the front crossmember to a deeper drop like a `41- `48 Ford has. I saw a really nice Ford in a `40 with no firewall mods at the Moonshine Festival this year. The gentleman cut the bottom of the front crossmember out and grafted a new bolt on lower section made out of the aforementioned `41 - `48 crossmember. It was really sanitary and had the added benefit of providing full access to the bottom of the engine if that were ever necessary. Now being that the front spring mounts inside the front crossmember channel you have changed the ride height by lowering the depth of the crossmember. You can get proper ride height back by simply de-arching or running a "flatter" front spring.

3. tigermorser

tigermorser
    from Cochrane

Yes i plan on running this in a car , as it stands i ve got a possies front drop axle with discs , i picked up a 41-48 frame a few weeks ago , was told when i got it it was a 39 but it just didnt seem right after i got it , did some measurement and did a post on here and was informed it is a 41-48 frame , the frame is so nice I have decided to try to make it work on my 1937 coupe , still in the process of shorting it , and narrowing it a smidge before the pick up i will post some pics shortly in my progress , my goal in asking this was to find a location mounting spot for the motor mounts , so i wouldnt have to go thru the trouble of remounting the body at this time , since i will have to remove the floor from my body , because the kick up on the newer frame is different from the orginal , also plan on running a 9 inch in the rear with parallel leaft with a sway bar set up

4. Do yourself and the '37 a favor and get the right frame. There are plenty of '37-'40 frames around and even if you had to do some rust repair in the rear kick-up, you would be way ahead of trying to use the later frame. IMHO.