Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1937 Plymouth Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 Dodge Pickup, Jan 29, 2015.

1. 51cambridge

51cambridge

2. Thank you that is one fine 51 and they are some Great shots especially from Warren Center! Hobo Jim

1947knuck likes this.
  3. 51cambridge

51cambridge

1947knuck and chriseakin like this.
  4. MNOutlawCustoms

MNOutlawCustoms

5. Thank you MNOutlaw Customs I appreciate your comment after checking out your web site I wish I was closer to you guys I think we would get along Great I love the custom fab you guys are doing! I'm having alot of fun building this Jim

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    1947knuck and MNOutlawCustoms like this.
  6. MNOutlawCustoms

MNOutlawCustoms

Thanks! We are having fun! Hoping to get our own dodges on the road by next year. We have 1919, 1923 and 1924 dodge roadsters and a 1929 Chevy roadster too. Not sure where to start! Not even sure what we are keeping and what we are selling, but I like the 29 chevy since we dug it out of the woods right here in the area.

7. Thats outstanding! can't wait to see what you guys do with them.

1947knuck and MNOutlawCustoms like this.
  8. MNOutlawCustoms

MNOutlawCustoms

Ha! Me too!! The biggest decision made to date is that one will be shiny... :rolleyes:

9. Mudgy

Mudgy

That dash is looking real neat now!
    Cheers, Mudgy

10. I too like how the dash is turning out.
    Great idea.

11. Thank you Mudgy and Kiwijeff I really appreciate your comments I had to change the steering column drop to a shorter drop to see the gauges. I just finished mocking it up going to work really good. I will post some pics tonight I am really happy with the way this turning out. Now on to the body work to make everything smooth. Jim

1947knuck and 51cambridge like this.
  12. OK here is final mock up with the new steering column drop that I made last night there is no visibility issues with the steering wheel and the gauges. Kind of hard to get a good angle for a good pic, started the body work tonight looking good. Thank you to everyone for their interest in my build it makes it fun knowing others are interested. Jim

IMG_2567.JPG

IMG_2568.JPG

1947knuck, 340 Power and tb33anda3rd like this.
  13. 51cambridge

51cambridge

14. Thank you 51 Cambridge Jim

15. intheweeds48

intheweeds48
    from Kansas

Great work Jim, thought I'd swing over and check out your project. I'll keep watching what you post.

16. I'll keep a light on for you Thanks for watching I appreciate your interest. Jim

17. Thank you!

18. Mudgy

Mudgy

Fits in nicely. Do you still have the original interior?

19. Thank you Mudgy yeah its coming out really nice, no I don't have the interior just some junk buckets in there now will be looking for something better this winter. I am thinking of going with bench seating fits the car and the build style would love to find an original interior.

1947knuck likes this.
  20. 51cambridge

51cambridge

My friend did a 37 olds , original interior except dash and steeri ng wheel and column. Don't tell the purists but, it was really mint original. Minor seat repair was done

My 51 Plymouth Cambridge Kustom https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYi16sG

21. Yeah I am going with the period custom look for the interior not sure what colors but I have some custom metal work that I can't wait to start!! Hobo Jim

22. OK so I needed a little motivation so I painted and installed the new dash I think it came out really nice I love the custom old school look actually came out better than I thought it would.

IMG_2569.JPG

IMG_2570.JPG

IMG_2572.JPG

I will be replacing the Phillips head painted bolts with flat head brass bolts that are more period correct and will really finish the look I am going for Jim

23. 51cambridge

51cambridge

24. Thank you I appreciate your comment I am really happy with way it came out nice when a plan comes together. Jim

25. Mudgy

Mudgy

That's ACE.
    What will you do for switches?

26. Thank you I am going to use the stock switch panel that goes in the middle bottom of the dash I just didn't have enough paint to paint it should be done this weekend. I am glad you like it. I also have a tach that will be going in the open hole on the steering column drop panel.

1947knuck likes this.
  27. Started working on fabricating a new transmission tunnel today here is a pic of the floor IMG_2573.JPG
    Hand mad e a patch panel for the factory opening that I won't be needing
    IMG_2575.JPG
    The new tunnel is starting to take shape
    IMG_2578.JPG
    Then I decided to fabricate a panel for the top of the tunnel I really like the way this is coming out the plan is to not cover this panel with carpet and paint it to match the dash
    IMG_2579.JPG
    Started working on a way to mount the panel stay tuned for more updates on the tunnel
    IMG_2580.JPG

1947knuck, 340 Power and tb33anda3rd like this.
  28. Jersey Larry

Jersey Larry

29. Thank you Jersey Larry I appreciate your interest. Jim