Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 ford question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skunk victim, Dec 8, 2008.

1. hey guys. i have been told 1937 to 1940 ford coupe doors are the same. can anyone verify this? i might need to pick up a set soon. also if there is any other sheet metal that fits please do let me know

thanks
    keith

2. alchemy

alchemy

I am sure they are the same from the window down, except for the window fuzzy channels, and the door handle mount, and the beltline molding holes, and the lack of vent windows. Close enough?

The upper part of the door may be a bit different because 37's had shorter roofs, didn't they? I would guess the 37 door may be a bit lower in the rear corner. Or maybe not.

3. grapp

grapp

I think they are the same?? not 100 percent though...give me a couple of days to get my old man to look it up in his old interchange books...

4. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

No 1940 was the first year for vent windows or wing windows as some know them.
    I would say maybe 38 -39 just pointing out the wing window differance Good luck

5. 37 and 40 doors are not the same.

6. memrez

memrez

As far as I can learn the door is the same but some of the hardware is different. I am building a 38 standard club coupe and have 40 coach doors . They fit but I am looking for better ones

7. bogart62

bogart62

8. bogart62

bogart62

Here's a couple of pics, Kent

Attached Files:

9. thanks for the help so far guys. nice car kent. are the fenders/ cowls and what not the same coupe and passenger car?