Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 ford 4 dr glass install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bowtiespecialties, Dec 10, 2012.

1. bowtiespecialties

bowtiespecialties

Hello!!

I need some tech help. I am installing a power window set up form Nu-relics, looks like a very nice kit, in a 1937 Ford 4dr sedan. I am having trouble with the front door glass wanting to move to the rear of the door when it reaches the top. There are no stops to keep the glass from coming all the way up to the top of the inside of the door or to keep it from moving to the rear of the door frame.

I have never installed a power window kit in this era before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

2. it's not the power window install. it's the stock window system with that roll back vent. what I normally do is change the factory half channels that are on the inner and outer frames with a later style chrome bead U channel and shim the slot in the rear of the door with a piece of wood that allows a 5/8 depth for the U channel.
    that will allow you to have one channel that runs up the back across the top and down the front. and a section of the half channel on the bottom. so you keep the original look.

parts you need are the chrome bead channel Y-526-96 or Y-528-96. the 96 is the length in inches 8 feet
    Ym3-96 is the half channel. you should be able to find those parts local at a better (older)glass shop

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012