Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 Chevy Grills - Are car & truck the same?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jamcoupe, Aug 11, 2008.

1. jamcoupe

jamcoupe

Can anybody tell me if car & truck grills are the same. Im assembling a full fendered 1937 Chevy truck that came with a grill but it does not fit in the shroud. I believe it is a car grill. Can somebody please verify these are different. I'm also looking for leads on 1937 Truck grills if they are different. Thanks Jeff

2. ...They are different, truck grilles are taller for sure, they won't interchange.

3. truck grills are also wider..

4. Snarl

Snarl

I'm looking at an add in Street Rodder magazine from www.Chevsofthe40's.com . They show original style steel and aluminum bar grilles. $325 to $1075 depending on what you want.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008

5. long island vic

long island vic

6. PatM

PatM
    from California

Grilles, in Stainless, are manufactured by "I and I Reproduction" in Paramont, CA. (I think it's Paramont). Anyway, they make them and I am told tht they fit beaurifully. They may also make ready-to-paint grills from regular steel. Call 562.531.8117 or try http://www.IandIReproduction.com

Pat

7. Black Primer

Black Primer

True they are different and won't interchange. Also beware some "cheap" repops don't fit worth a shit either, they are made overseas.