Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1937/38 chevrolet coupe trunk lid

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stumper, Sep 6, 2021.

1. stumper

stumper

Has anyone used or know someone who has used a fiberglass trunk lid from Chev's of the 40's ?,/ Superior Fiberglass Company for a 37 Chevy coupe. How was the quality, fit etc. I am debating on fixing my metal lid or going glass. Thanks Daryle

2. 37gas

37gas

I have a fiberglass deck lid on my 37 chevy coupe, It fit great just need to put some filler around the edges to match the body. put filler on deck lid and body and most of it was sanded off.

3. stumper

stumper

Was it the one Chev's of the 40's sells, Did your latches and hinges line up decently, i know you have to drill all the holes. Thanks for your help really appreciate it. Daryle

4. Superior Fiberglass had a fire in their warehouse a few years ago and lost all of their molds. They decided not to replace them. I need a bunch of fiberglass or repairable steel parts for my 36 Chevy coupe if you happen to hear pf another source.

5. 37gas

37gas

my deck lid had all the holes drilled with tapping plates already glued in from the inside. I did not have to fix anything. I will look in the morning and see who mad it

6. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Old Chicago , was the place years ago to Chebbie glass stuff . Don’t know if they are still in business