Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 21 stud Flathead - Worth Buying?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goatdave, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Goatdave

Goatdave

I have a chance to get a disassembled 37 flatty, bored .060 over, crank, a pair of heads, .40 over pistons (won't work but could be trade bait), new bearings, some connecing rods, oil pump, valves and some other stuff for a C note or less. I don't need it and no nothing about flatheads except that these older ones aren't as desireable as the new ones. So is this worth getting? Its about 10 minutes from my house. I already have frame rails and boxing plates for an A, so could this be the birth of a new project ?

2. If you have a '32-'36 Ford this engine would be a good choice if you can't locate the correct year engine for your car. All of the '32-'36 parts bolt directly to this engine. Ford actually made block off plates for the water pumps to allow you to use heads with the water pumps in the heads. If you are building an era correct car for the early thirties this might be an interesting engine. Be advised that all of the original bolt on speed equipment as well as the reproductions is expensive due to the engine being hot rodded in lower numbers than the 24 stud. My advice in general is if you can't use it yourself tell someone about it that can use it. Hopefully they will repay the favor later (some do, some don't).

Charlie Stephens