Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1937-1942 Zephyr 3 Window Coupes??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HRod 50, Jul 7, 2010.

1. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Look up a HAMB member named Helmsville. He's doing a 4 door to 2 door conversion. If you have the top and coupe doors it's not that hard to do or have a shop do. It's virtually the same car.

As for a contact # for Merv Adkins shoot me a pm and I'll send you cell #. He does have a 39 3 window he'd let go for about 40k. Yeah you've got to pay to play in the Zephyr game.

If anyone is interested in a solid 4 door 37 sedan I have one less drive train I'd let go for $3500.00. Member Studhud has a beautiful 39 4 door complete. Just needs a new cam gear that I believe is till available.

As far as 4 doors not being being kool cars here is one of my favs. Less the wheel and tire combo.

2. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

Hey james that 3 window Merv has is a 38' and you're supposed to keep that on the Down Low I may buy it some day!! LOL....

As far as the 37' goes. I wish it could have gone to you, you've been solid to me anytime I've needed your help!! Hopefully I can return the favor one day, but at least I got to keep my word though on first dibs!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  3. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

You're right that is a 38. You owe me nothing my man. Other than that Zephyr cruise we talked about up Hwy 101 one day.:D Whats the latest on your ride?

4. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

These were posted by another Hamber when I was looking for idea's for a 4 door.

Attached Files:

5. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

The glass is being installed right now, then we'll have the seat upholstered, after that it's of to Steve at Limeworks to get the Column and steering linkage installed as well as finish the break job that we started. As soon as he is finished we'll bring it back to the house and get started on the wiring and start installing all the trimings! We're getting there...

6. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Sounds good Rich. I hope you're ready for Super Stardom when you're ride hit's the scene.

7. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

I love your car hope it makes it to showcase/LBC show in sept

8. My photoshop idea - a two doored "sloper" style sedan from a four door.

[​IMG]

9. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

Nice Photoshop. You don't see them very often but the factory did build 2 doors.

Attached Files:

10. HRod 50

HRod 50

How much longer are the Zephyrs 3 Window Coupes than the Ford 3 Window Coupes?

Frustrating, and maybe you guys can explain it to me. I recently purchased a book "Complete Book of Collectible Cars 1940-1980". For some reason it has 1940 Lincoln Continentals, 1940 Ford V8 Deluxe and Super Deluxe,and 1940 Mercurys but no Zephyrs or mention of Zephyrs. Can anyone explain why they would not put these beauties in the book? This book has every car for those years, but no Zephyrs.:mad:.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  11. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Zephyrs weren't always the collectables they are now. Many people passed them up to by the Ford model instead. The V-12 wasn't a performance upgrade over the flathead 8 by any means.

12. That's me. I'm in the process of building this car...just a 39, not a 37.

I'm also looking for a 38 4 door shell......if you know of any.

13. thinkfink

thinkfink

NICE - 1st time i see one in real and not just as a sketch. You got more?

14. Your '39 Zephyr is looking great. But my real question is(which may be a little off topic) how does one acquire so many Zephyr surfboards? Former team member? I couldn't imagine owning one let alone four.

Keep up the great work and keep us posted on the progress.

15. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

Thanks a lot!

Steve Hogue who helps us out with the more advanced metal work we are not comfortable with yet is a big time surfer. I believe he goes out almost every morning before work. He wanted to snap a few shots with his board in the background before we left. He told me he was friends with some of the original Zephyr boys, I also remember him saying the name Adam specifically in regards to the Zephyr boys.

I really don't know anything about them. I'm guessing they are pretty hard to come by from the way you said it?

16. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I love odd rods... I wonder why????

17. The only member on the Zephyr surf team that I know of by that name is Jay Adams. But I am no historian. As for the boards, the original Zephyr surfboards were never mass produced so they are pretty rare. However the original Zephyr shaper, Jeff Ho is still producing them by this name. His website is here:
    http://jeffhozephyr.com/

After looking at some more of Steve Hogue's work on the internet it is obvious that he is a very gifted and talented craftsman. A true artist.
    http://www.stevehogueenterprises.com/Home_Page.php

18. HRod 50

HRod 50

Anyone in SoCal, mind showing me your 3 window coupe Zephyr? I'll treat to lunch.. I have to see one of these fuckers before my head explodes...

19. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

Bill, you need another project, why not jump on this?

20. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Not anymore!!!! Its safe in my garage now.

Thank You Marcy. Shes the one to go to if you want a Zephyr.

-Jason

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. Graystoke

Graystoke

I really don't like to give a negative opinion of somebody's ride......but this one just doesn't look right.

[​IMG]

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

Cool ! What are the plans for the poor ol thing?

23. Congratulations Jason. i was chasing that coupe as well, but Marcy beat me to it....:)

24. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Ive flip/flopped....but I have spent the last two nights stripping it down and will sugar sand blast it Sat morning. Then fix all the lower rust problems and get in primer. I was going to bag it, but decided to run a drop axle on it and cut both crossmembers so it sits right. After that drive it for a little while.

-Jason

25. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Thank You....

Im not sure I really wanted to get this much into another project, but Im knee deep in now.

-Jason

26. koolkemp

koolkemp

Well make sure you start a build thread !!

27. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

I have recently acqurired the 1940 under the lift and working on the 39 in the back corner. The 1940 is pretty bad inside with rust. Looking for panels and doors if anybody knows of any.

[​IMG]

28. HRod 50

HRod 50

I'll try again... Does anyone the dimension differences between the Ford 3 window coupe and the Zephyr 3 window coupes of the same years?

29. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

1937-38-39 Ford had a wheelbase of 112 inch's.

1937 Lincoln Zephyr has a wheelbase of 122 inch's

1938-39 Zephyrs have a wheelbase of 125 inch's

I had a short email conversation with Rick Erickson and it sounds like he picked up a 39 Zephyr. That wouldn't happen to be your car would it?

30. HRod 50

HRod 50

Thanks for the info.. Zephyrs are my new favorite car...

Ohh you may have ruined a surprise for me. I havent spoken to Rick in abut 3 weeks. I've ben here in London working. I get back this Monday.. I'll be heading straight to his shop.........