Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1936 Willys Pickup Garage Find (Barn)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Solospeedshop, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Gang! Just got back from a road trip from Sparks Nevada! Solo Speed Shop & Rods West went on a joint venture! Our buddie Brad Barrie From WA came down & made the trip with us! We were offered a 1936 Willys PU by a brother who called Don Crosley Waldron (Rods West) & said his brother had passed away & had a 1936 Willys PU for 40 some years! first pics show truck over 40 yrs ago! He took truck apart & was going to make a Gasser! When we opened garage the truck had bed, doors, all fenders, front end etc off & scattered in garage! No motor or trans! Missing seat & steering column & box! Flat tires & had not been moved for many years! We got there about 5PM & was raining & snowing at same time! Cold & ground muddy! Very hard to get truck & trailer in spot to hook up winch & get her loaded! A tree jumped out & broke my mirror on Duramax Ouch! about 700.00 mirror & Trees jump quick if you know what I mean! We mounted doors & tied bed on and put everything in back & cab & got out of there by dark! Guys brother who owned truck helped us out a ton & great guy! Attn Willys expert! Don is a guru on Willys & had never seen a 36 with spare tire under bed! Have you ever seen one? Anyway great truck very tired & just wanted to show you guys a great find! Unreal how no rust on this truck & being put away for 40 some years in a garage helps! Tks Bill @ Solo Speed Shop

Attached Files:

2. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got her unloaded & put on some new skins to roll off trailer!

Attached Files:

3. That is just plain cool! Love it.

4. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Very cool, any plans for it?

5. Retro61

Retro61

WOW-That's a great Score!! Congrats!

6. That looks to be a late production 1936 with 1937 wheels in the first photo. Original color on the firewall, 77P for Pacific production and still has the aluminum prodution tag on the firewall not to be confused with the serial number tag on the frame. All "commercial" vehicles (i.e. Pick up & Panel Delivery) had the spare tire mounted to the frame for 1936. Very cool truck and a very cool find. Just goes to show they're still out there if you look hard enough and you want real steel.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  7. Uptown83

Uptown83

Thats cool! If I ever find a Willys I am going to make it a hotrod / restorod type of build. All you ever see is gassers with them. What are your plans?

8. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Guys! Thanks for the replys! Plans? HMMMMM! This is a tuff one! Build another car? A lot of time & money! Gasser? Stock? Hotrod? set it in the corner with 10 other projects? Put it back together & leave it with Patina it has had for last 50 years? Put a stock drive train back in it? Not many left stock style! Put on market & let someone else make this lil trucks fate? Too many ways to go? Okay what would you do? Tks Solo!

9. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

Very nice! Great score!👍

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. Please don't go gasser. Hotrod it, but pick an era and be faithful. Personally, I'd look for a DeSoto or Dodge hemi and go late '50s on it, staying as close to stock with the body as possible. That's just a precious find. Wow!

11. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

That's my vote. Way too rare to molest. Too cool to do anything but preserve as a time capsule. Update the drivetrain but keep the real patina and the real vintage vibe going. Restore it and most old car guys would walk right past it. Keep it in time capsule form and the folks who really get it will just love it.

12. 296ardun

296ardun

Make it a gasser, or restore it...if you want traditional, there were almost no Willys street cars in the 40's-'60's, they were just for drag racing (I know, someone will find an exception, but it would be an exception).

Great find, it's your car, but since you asked......

13. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn man once again I'm jealous.:eek:
    Gasser Girl

14. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Gang! Tks for all the replys! Bill

15. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

ah man I love Willys. Someday maybe.........

16. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

Very cool !!!! Unique project............

17. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Choice Willys
    nothing like a road adventure had my share very cool project Great find going to be a great build

18. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER