Register now to get rid of these ads!

1936 Pickup Differences

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by richardlw, Jun 26, 2009.

1. richardlw

richardlw

I'm going to look at a pickup someone is offering. He says it is an original 1936 International Pickup, complete with the original Ford body.

It doesn't sound right to me. Did Ford and International do anything together? or is he just thinking it is like that?

In any event, other than seeing what it really is, any ideas on what specifics I should look at that might be weak?

2. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

willys made some bodies for IH, but I never heard of Ford doing it.

3. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

International frame and drivetrain with a ford body added is my guess? It is Bolivia afterall.

4. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

That could mean anything. It could be a international with a ford bed.

anyhow the 36 International and the 36 ford are both cool looking. Just make sure the title matches the truck and vin number.

5. and don't forget to post pics after you've seen the truck ;-)

6. The only thing I've ever known Ford and Haybaler cabs to have in common is that the KB series Haybalers in the '40s used Ford door latch mechanisms.

7. richardlw

richardlw

Thanks, I've printed some pics off the internet to take with me, and will take lots there. it's a five our drive each way, through the mountains. It will be some time this week. Definitely won't be Monday as my new flywheel and pressure plate came for my Corvair, so first thing tomorrow I'll drop the poser train and swap those out.

If anyone is interested in what I've done to restore the Corvair, click on my signature and you can see 2 1/2 years of work.

[​IMG]

8. jhmagill

jhmagill

I may be too late with this reply but to the best of my knowledge Chevy and International shared builders not Ford and International.

9. richardlw

richardlw

Turned out to be a truck, not a pickup. The bed rotted out so the put on a ford.

[​IMG]