Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1936 Ford with Mccollouch supercharger

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Custom Riviera, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Custom Riviera

Custom Riviera

Hi,
    I'd love to hear from anyone familiar with the Mccollouch supercharger used during the late 1930's- early 1940's, this is the pancake style. I'm attempting to rebuild a 37 unit for use on a 1936 Ford, I'd love to hear from someone that has one, knows of one and would especially like to see some pictures of one mounted on a 1936 Ford. The challenge is how to route the upper radiator hoses with stock radiator connections and learn what customizations can be mad to adopt it.

2. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

There was an extensive 2 issue article on them in Street Rodder a year or two ago.

3. Custom Riviera

Custom Riviera

Thanks Rick, I found the article, Street Rodder Aug & Sept 2013, I was hoping to communicate with someone familiar with these superchargers, specifically someone who has adapted an 37 model to a 1936 Ford.

4. WTF really

WTF really

I have a m39 and it doesn't fit on a 36 engine. It hits on the heads because they sit so high for the water pumps.

loudbang likes this.

5. Custom Riviera

Custom Riviera

My ‘36 has a later engine (39-41) with Center water outlets on the heads. The problem is routing the hoses from the radiator.

loudbang likes this.
  6. WTF really

WTF really

Ok miss understood that. I haven't used mine yet so unfortunately I'm of no help to ya.

7. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^You're avatar is a help to thousands of lost hot rod souls out there, you have nothing to apologize for.

WTF really and loudbang like this.
  8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Yes, but I'd like to know just one thing:
    Who is this girl called Miss Understood:rolleyes: