Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1936 Ford tail light brace

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toad611, Sep 26, 2018.

1. toad611

toad611
    from Tennessee

Putting stock tail lights back on my 36 ford coupe. Drake shows braces for under the fenders to support the stock lights and stands. Are these needed as my coupe has trunk rather than rumble seat. The lights and stands don't seem heavy enough to warrant additional bracing under the fenders.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. BJR

BJR

There must be a reason Henry put them there in the first place. He didn't like to spend money on parts not needed.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. J D Coop

J D Coop

I just went out to the garage and checked. My coupe doesn't have any additional bracing under the taillight stands. I can't swear it never had any, but it doesn't look like it. My car is also a trunk car. Maybe Henry only put them on the rumble seat models to provide additional support for the step.

4. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Maybe to keep cracks from forming on the fender from vibration, in the old days the roads were not that smooth.

51 mercules likes this.

5. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Stress cracks1 Aren't they grooved to for your wiring?

6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There were taillight reinforcement braces on both rear fenders of my '36 and tbey were fender specific - not interchangeable.