Register now to get rid of these ads!

1936 ford dash.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigguylilroof, Nov 30, 2011.

1. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

Who all knows what the dimensions are on a 36 dashboard? Was there more than one size.....? Tried to google the width, no luck.. Help me out here hambers. Thanks

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

There were closed car dashes for Coupes, Tudors, Fordors, Sedan Delivery, etc.
    There were open car dashboards for Roadsters and Phaetons. Cabriolet and Convertible sedan used a modified closed car dash.
    There were Commercial dashes for Pickups, Panels, etc.

3. US_Marshall

US_Marshall

Truck or car, I am working on installing a 36 car dash into a truck.

4. Fe26

Fe26

Bear in mind truck dashes are welded in while others are bolted. Although I havn't tried to remove a truck dash, but I believe they are difficult to remove. Similarly a car dash could be difficult to install. I also have an idea the car dash may be a little wider than the truck dash.

5. US_Marshall

US_Marshall

The truck dash is spot welded to the backside of the "A" pillar, the car dash I have looks to have been bolted to the front side of the "A" pillar. I don't know what car my dash came out of though.

6. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

Nice doods... Well the dash I'm lookin at is a bolt in.... So that narrows it down, not sure if it's from a car or a truck or how much it's been modified, I only got pics to look from... Anybody know the width?

7. I have mine from my 3 window out right now. I will take a photo and measure it when I get home tonight

8. richbud

richbud
    from east tenn

i can take a pic of my dash my front window is out i have a sedan just let me know its not a prouplum

9. The width is 43 1/2" at the mid point

[​IMG]

10. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Adam, just weld your current dash's corners onto whatever width dash you find and custom make it to fit the width you need.

Even if you found a bolt in that is the exact width, you would probably still need to modify the shape to fit into your car anyways.

11. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

Thanks guys!!! Good info! Cleatus, for sure.... W the 36, just didn't want to cut it in the center...just wanted ti add.... You sure do have a pretty dash cleatus, thanks fatrod