Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1936 FORD 5W Coupe (alternatives for SEAT?)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by amadeus, Feb 12, 2014.

1. amadeus

amadeus

Hello all,

Working on my 1936 5W Coupe, I do not have a seat and would like to know what you guys out there are using as an alternative to the Original, I want to run a BENCH SEAT. Any Ideas?

Also; if possible, post pics of what you have and what year, make and model the seat is out of please.

If you have a custom made seat please post dimensions pics etc.
    Thank You all in advance!

JW

2. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I cut down a minivan bench seat and i love it. I shouldnt have said anything though because i dont have a pic.

3. wutnxt

wutnxt

I have the third seat out of a minivan in my 33 pickup. You'll have to modify the bracketry somewhat to your liking but the width should be fine in a '36.

4. Although they are getting hard to find, the stock seat is desirable for its "hidden storage"
    feature. The seat-back flips UP and provides storage of smaller items behind the seat and
    under the package tray.

O.E. seats up to 1940 will provide the proper width. '41 to '48 are slightly wider, almost
    flush up against the doors. When rebuilt properly w/ new springs, they are very comfortable
    and feel like you are cruising down the highway on a couch.

(I have a later model for sale; P.M. me if interested.)

5. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

I have a 38 Ford 2 dr sedan seat in my 36 convert, the width is good, and I got it for $100