Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1936 Dodge Coupe possible sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bbbbbb9, Sep 29, 2016.

1. bbbbbb9

bbbbbb9
    from Tucson

Just wondering if you kind folks could help me decide {how much it is worth} ( the following was in the original post "if I should sell") my roller 1936 Dodge Coupe. Pictures show the car as-is with no engine or tranny but with a Mopar 8/3/4 installed. I do have a non smoking good running 318 and a well maintained and serviced torqueflite that could go with it. A Butch's Cool stuff engine mounting kit and a nice shifter (forget the brand. Will post later).

I have almost all of the trim but the grill will need major work. rubber all needs to be replaced as well as glass and interior.

Depending on the price point I may sell.

Thanks in advance

upload_2016-9-29_12-44-58.jpg
    upload_2016-9-29_12-45-21.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  2. upspirate

upspirate

Easy,If you want to sell it , sell it. If you want to build it or just keep it , keep it.:rolleyes:

3. bbbbbb9

bbbbbb9
    from Tucson

Should've know people couldn't resist being $#%^$&%.

Complicated story that I don't want to get into here but I'm not selling it if I'm losing money. If I can at least break even I'd sell it. Not sure why folks can't be helpful without being wisecrackers

4. bbbbbb9

bbbbbb9
    from Tucson

What the heck, I don't personally know any of you guys so here goes the story.

Lost my stepson a month ago and the wife and I will probably be leaving this house. He and I worked on my other project together and had plans on this one.

Complicated by the emotions. Get rid of it so it doesn't remind me of him anymore or keep it to honor him. Plus we will probable be in a house with a smaller yard.

Now, anyone else want to be a smarta$$?

upspirate likes this.

5. upspirate

upspirate

Sorry for your loss, but re-read your original question , and tell me how you would answer that if you were someone else

6. bbbbbb9

bbbbbb9
    from Tucson

I guess you're right, I wasn't clear enough. Sorry for going off. As you can imagine the world looks a lot different right now and I'm pissed.

I'll edit it with parenthesis so anyone who wonders what just transpired will understand.

Sorry again.

upspirate likes this.
  7. upspirate

upspirate

One of the talk show dudes I listen to always tells grieving people to wait a year after loss to make a large decision whether to sell, move or what ever as time will change feelings and you may do something you'll later regret.
    Maybe just sit on this project for 6 months and see how you feel then (as long as you don't need the money, and have storage ,etc)

8. Hombre

Hombre

Guess I don't quite understand. I am also sorry for your loss never easy when that happens. Now with that said you say the emotions thing are a little tough now, that's pretty easy to understand. But are you more concerned with the money thing than the emotions? Seems like what you are saying is you will sell if you don't loose any money, so is it money or emotions?

upspirate likes this.
  9. bbbbbb9

bbbbbb9
    from Tucson

Yeah, we've talked about that and thanks for being constructive. (And that's not a reference to what happened before)..

upspirate likes this.
  10. upspirate

upspirate

Looks like a good car to start with. Get your emotions sorted out and one day the decision will fall into place

11. F&J

F&J

The market for selling moderate to heavy projects is pretty tough right now, at least here and in some friends States.

Now O/T message: I still have many vintage specialty auto tools from when he ran a shop in the 50s. He's been gone 36 years. I would still think of him regardless, if I had none of these. I used them to help earn wages as well as on my hobby cars. If someone wants to borrow one, I show them and say "this was my Dads" proudly. End of sermon.

Squablow and stillrunners like this.
  12. Sorry for your loss. Now - being a Mopar guy - mopars can be a hard sell as they are not as popular as a Ford or what ever....then again - they are RARE and might bring a little more to an enthusiast....anyways good luck with it and the sadness of your loss....

13. Yamaha970

Yamaha970

If I was looking for a car and yours was between 1,500-3,000 I'd definitely hit the brakes and take a look..just my opinion not trying to put a price on your car...

Squablow likes this.
  14. bbbbbb9

bbbbbb9
    from Tucson

Thanks guys. All this helps

15. It's a sad story. Take a loss. Who cares about money. Give someone that really wants it a great deal. Sell it without all the drama, this will make everyone happy and honor your stepson. If you up price it, every time someone comes to look at it, then says "no thanks, it's too rough...", or whatever, it will rub you the wrong way. Without realizing it you will take it personally, and bring up your emotions. Just here on social media the same thing happened. I usually never sell anything, I give it away. Good zen.

Yamaha970 likes this.
  16. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

So sorry to hear of your loss. Its not gonna stop suckin for a while.
    I lost my stepson 2 years ago. His project was stopped cold.
    Then there was a fight over who wanted it, and it sits.
    I hope everything works out for you. Be patient.
    GET OLD.

17. raidmagic

raidmagic

You answered your own question. Post it for what you call your "break even" number or a few bucks more.

18. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just thinking, if you really want to honor your stepson and money is secondary, maybe look around for a young guy who's gung-ho about traditional style hot rods, but can't afford to get one, and cut him a deal...................

scrapiron and clunker like this.
  19. I just bought two '35 Plymouth coupes earlier this year and paid $4000 for the pair. One is just as straight and complete as your '36 Dodge. The other was a bit rough and I sold it for $1,800 after I removed the parts I wanted off it. I would price yours at about $2500-3000. If it said Ford on it, the price would be more.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  20. i saw this the other day posted by @wldtrout and thought it was "creative" loading.
    IMG_0221.JPG 6c6b589603d9af9c6f80bce6987bd492.jpg but this has it beat.

21. Haha! When you're desperate to get both cars home in one trip, you'll do anything.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

clunker and tb33anda3rd like this.