Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1936 chevy standard door pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jugg, May 2, 2018.

1. jugg

jugg

Can anyone send me some pics of the bottom of the door so I can see what I'm missing. When the door is closed I have a gap between the door and rocker panel. IMG_1935.JPG IMG_1934.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. I guess I wont be sending you a pic. of my wood framed door again:D

3. wizzo

wizzo

I glued fat universal strips on my 36 doors, no pics tho, cars gone. Worked good!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. BJR

BJR

Is the sheet metal flush on the outside?

5. chopped

chopped

If you had a door panel would it close the gap to the rocker? I had two but it's been years.

6. i think the gasket is on the "rocker jamb". it was an upside down L, curl of rubber that was held by a strip that ran across the top side of the jamb........i think.

7. chopped

chopped

8. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

You're missing the rubber strip that attaches to the "rocker" panel. There was/should be a small channel that holds the rubber in place. I don't remember exactly where it is located on the rocker panel but I believe it sealed the bottom edge of the door to the rocker panel.

9. 36coach

36coach

Steele rubber products sells a rubber strip for the bottom of the door.l have a good steel door Iam traveling , butI think your door is complete. Can send a picture when I get home if you want

10. ems customer service

ems customer service

the gap between the door and rocker is normal as built by chevy, i believe steele rubber products still has a 4 sided door seal for 36 chevys

the ems guy