Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 vs. 1936 Chevy Truck Grill Shell - How are they different?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scottybaccus, Oct 17, 2010.

1. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Can anyone tell me what's different between the two? I've Googled to Hell and back for pictures and didn't come to any conclusions.

Anyone have really good pics of either or both for comparison?

Thanks

2. I thought '34- '36 are all the same? But I could, I say I could be wrong ( Foghorn Leghorn)

*edit* Yep, I'm wrong, but I can't find any pics to support the fact. Sorry ScottyB

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  3. TeejDio

TeejDio
    from W.N.Y.

Yeah - 1934-35 are different from 1936's but very similar. I have a '36, and I believe the difference is mainly in the chin piece. The 35 fender has a different line on the front than the 36, so I think that's why the chin piece had to be different. Refer to the Jim Carter Chevrolet truck parts catalog/websight...the 34-35 and 36 grill shells are listed as different items.

4. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

This has been my understanding as well. I have a friend that was really into those years of Chev trucks, I'll talk to him.