Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 Plymouth VIN location

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crusty Nut, May 12, 2007.

1. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Does anyone know where it is?
    Thanks

2. Rodshop

Rodshop

The Colo State patrol says it would be along the top of the left rail in several places (assuming it is the same as the '36 Dodge I have) We actually never found a number on mine, so one was assigned. That is the best info I have- happy hunting. I also believe if should be in the door frame (front just about dash level)on passengers side. Tag was missing on both of mine but you can see the rivet holes. Rodshop

3. 4woody

4woody

Passenger side "A" pillar about upper hinge level on my '38 Chrysler. Mine is about a 3/4" x 3" long plate that had been painted over many times.

4. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Thanks guys, it was right there in the door jam. I think I would have looked for a while before I looked on the passenger side.

5. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

We pulled the body off my son's 39 Plymouth and found the vin # was PAINTED :eek: upside down on the passenger side frame rail!!!! Black paint on an unpainted frame, wasn't much of a theft/recovery problem in 39, I guess. Gene