Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 plymouth custom build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS, Jul 16, 2009.

1. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

im very pleased im able to inspire you and anybody else to build more cars. thank you.

2. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

pretty soon, got alot of reshaping and metal work that were doing that doesnt really look like much but has to be done. nothing really to interesting, mostly hammer dolly, file work etc.

3. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

so after further staring at my grill shell and the relationship it has with the grill ive decided to do some reshaping. i feel it doesnt flow well enough and the grill housing has to much squareness to it. its not right and its another reason to not sleep at night.

4. TonyVan

TonyVan
    from Vancouver

What a blast to read this thread. The car is completely beautiful, and I'm so impressed that the builder not only keeps the thread updated, but takes the time to answer and acknowledge everyone's questions, comments, and suggestions. You must be a heck of a nice guy, as well as being a ridiculously talented one. Thank you!

5. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

6. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

That is very nice of you buddy, well i really enjoy everybody's comments and suggestions. I like to say i feel everybody thats watching or replying plays a big part of this car, there quite a few guys on here that have helped me make some big decisions or help me not cut my car up and redo it. I like to invovle everybody and make my car feel some what personal to our family here on the hamb. I like to think im a very nice guy,my relationship with christ has the biggest impact for me. I have alot of love, respect and honor for our rod and custom family all around the world. A big thanks to everybody that makes this life of ours so enjoyable.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Dude, it's nice to hear how humble you are and that you take each piece of criticism and compliments whole heartedly. The car is awesome and keeps getting better.

I'll have to look back but where did we end up with in terms of Wheel Covers? I just stared mounting Lincoln Premier Caps to my Merc. Wheel covers are definitely my obsession right now. I go back and forth from Sombreros and Premiers!!! Hahaha!!!

8. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Were doing the 1949 Plymouth caps, Jesse from sac customs is helping me out straightning and polishing my caps. He is very good with trim, hub caps, making trim , modifying trim etc. If any of you guys are in need of the service. He's located in sacramento ca. ( Sac customs) .very nice guy.

9. ThunderRoad Garage

ThunderRoad Garage
    from missouri

i guess i had never really gotten a good look at 49 plymouth caps. definitely might be looking into them when i get to that point for the 47. anything i can do to keep those ships sailing. i also love how it seems you have kept it almost all within mopar and plymouth. takign that approach makes a person think more and almost always you end up with something very different and unique. oh and yes thanks for being so humble.

10. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

Now that is one pretty gauge cluster!

11. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The instrument panel looks terrific! I vote NO on the spotlights. Heck, you can always add them later if you feel they "make" the car. Try it first without them.....much cleaner look IMO.

12. spots for sure. i get that dummy spots are over done bolt on crap. but real spots are it man..

13. Dang, not that my opinion matters, but that car is gonna be killer. I've always liked mid 30's mopars.

14. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

yeah if i do spotlights im using real ones and they will be cherry and fully functional. most likely 552's

15. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Nice work! You're doing a really great job on this car. I like how it's not actually sitting on the ground any more.

Also--you can always add spotlights later, but I would say for this car, it kinda needs real spotlights, not dummies. 552s might be good, or even 112s if you can score a set.

Can't wait to see it at GNRS 2011.

16. poorboy

poorboy

looks incredible!

17. same feelin here Scotty, cannot wait to see this car completed

18. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Dude, that's killer!

19. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

that's my boy!! the best @ polishing hands down!! seen it, worked with him etc, 2nd or 3rd generation polisher too!!

20. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

I agree, he is very good and a hella of a guy. Jesse does all our polishing and trim work.

21. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

So the reshaping on the grill shell is coming along nicely, front fenders are very close to being ready for body and primer. We had to do some shaping and straigtning to get them back to they way there supposed to be in metal then bodywork.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Paint??? Exciting!

23. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

No paint, sorry i meant primer. I have metal in my eye again and its distracting me. The car is coming along. Friday of next week is the day we will fire the motor for the first time. If i can figure out how to film it and post it i will. Im not to computer savy.

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You can upload it to Photobucket then it will give you a code to cop and past much like youtube does. That's probably your best bet.

Motor firing is even more exciting then paint! I should be getting my motor back in the next week or so. I am so stoked for you.

25. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Hey thanks buddy, I'm definetly looking foward to it. In actuality I could even drive it around the block after we get it dialed In. We'll see how it goes.

26. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

I agree try it without spots you can add them later...IMO which is not worth 2 cents

27. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

your opinions do matter to me. sometimes you need another persons eye or opinion to get things right. we cant always do everything by ourselves. thank you for your opinion, it is valued.

28. lazyv8

lazyv8

i vote hood and appelton 112's or 552's.!

29. skwurl

skwurl

Skoty chops for president!

30. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

Just read all 27 pages, WOW!!!!!! Love the way the car flows I think you've nailed it 100%.

Can't wait to get my gasser done then move on to something like this.