Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 plymouth custom build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Oggie

Oggie
    from Nor Cal

2. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

That's the guy I got my gauge cluster from. Thanks for letting me know buddy.

3. Oggie

Oggie
    from Nor Cal

guess I missed where you got it, just read it again and saw it, nice build!!!

4. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am loving this build! It is going to be SO cool! Great job, Skoty!

5. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

hey thanks buddy. ill have some updated pics posted here pretty soon, we are gonna start wiring the car next week and here it run shortly after. not sure if any of you guys know about a cool little website called the www.hotrodcompany.com the site is very useful. i purchased a bunch of cloth covered wires to run threw out my car and engine bay to keep a nice older feel to it.

6. randingo8

randingo8
    Member Emeritus

Yeah! I'm with TPC, Hurry up and get this thing on the road. I want to cruise with both of you :eek:) By the way it's lookin killer. Keep the pics coming.
    See Ya!
    Randy

7. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

pretty soon buddy, hey thanks for all the help lately bro, i greatly appreciate it.

8. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

so i got my gauges from a fellow hamber, very stoked on this.

[​IMG]

9. Damn, nice gauges man! That car looks like it was in pretty good shape in my opinion. Ive seen swiss cheese cars with nothin goin for ten G's. How much did u land this pretty ride for? (If u dont mind me asking.) Seein if I have something to pray for in the future!

10. Nice Looking guages, did you pick them up from E-bay?

11. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

The guy was asking $8500 and i was able to talk him down to $7200. The car had no interior, garnish moldings, grill or anything then just a shell with a bunch of stuff i just threw out. The guy had told me he had everything for it and i was to come the following week to pick it all up. Well that never happened, the guy has seemed to misplaced a whole cars worthe of parts. I was pretty upset i got stiffed like that but after i took the car to baremetal i felt alot better since the metal was in pretty good shape. Some how it always works itself out in the end.

12. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

WELL I SAW THEM ON EBAY AND SENT A MESSAGE WITH A OFFER TO CANCEL THE BID AND HE EXCEPTED IT. COME TO FIND OUT HE IS A FELLOW HAMBER ALSO. REALLY NICE GUY AND DID WHAT HE SAID HE WOULD. THIS GENTLEMEN HAS SO MUCH STUFF ITS CRAZY. HERES A LINK TO HIS TREASURE.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...olfe&showall=1

13. Racrdad

Racrdad

I really dig this build. You are doing such a nice classy job and those guages seem right on for the car. You certainally have an eye for design.

14. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

thanks man.

15. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

What do you guys think? Spotlights or no spotlights? I have the original brackets for dr. And pass. Side.

16. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

i think spots would look sweeeet on it.....

17. Yes....fit them Skoty!

18. 4woody

4woody

I vote no on spots.
    IMHO keep it smooth & clean outside.

19. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Nothing against spots, but it doesn't really need them.
    Any chance you'll bring it to Santa Maria?

20. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

no spots in my opinion

21. radio_king

radio_king

X2 but no matter what you decide this ride will look killer.

22. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Love the gauge panel Scotty.. it looks sweet my brotha:)

oh... and i vote for no spots too.

23. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

i sure am up in the air about these spotlights. maybe i can put a set of dummies on so i dont have to cut all the way threw my pillar and see what i think. we started bodywork and dont want to be to late on the spots if i decide to run them. i agree it could be to much going on but at the same time i do like how they look on certain cars.

so were getting close to hearing this motor run, i may actually be able to take it around the block, the last time i drove this car was when i went to pick it up from the old owner and the awesome floor they made had sheetmetal screws holding it in and they drilled one right into the dr. shaft. when i drove it, it was cutting the drive shaft, so rad! i remember asking him what that was and he told me " oh its just the dr. shaft rubbing on the sheetmetal, no big deal" . he meant the dr. shaft was being sawed off. haha!

24. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

no it wont be ready for that trip yet buddy. i wish it was but i still have alot to do. i may possibly have the car at the strangers car show with my booth. im not 100% sure yet.

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Man I can't wait to see some more updates. That motor is going to stop people in their tracks with all that shiny stuff on it. Let see some pics Skoty!

26. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

This car is so legit! I'm proud of ya homie!

I vote no spots though. Keep it smooth and flowing.

27. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

everytime I see a 35 plym i get all choked up, thinkn bout the 1 owner let go. :( All them mopars were solid in them years.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  28. Jagman

Jagman

I know you said you're planning to paint it black, but every time I see a pic of the car outside in the evening sunlight I keep imagining how great it would look in a soft silver/gold......it would really work with the parchment background in those gauges too. The red interior would still work fine too.

There are an awful lot of black cars out there......

Keep up the fine work, the car is really coming along and I really appreciate the detailing you're doing, things like the rounded tops of the doors for instance will set this car apart from the crowd.

One other thought, some of the thirties cars I've seen don't have a straight line on the back side of the grill shell, where the hood meets it. Sometimes you see an angle forward, from the top of the shell down to the fender. I don't know if that would work with this design, nor am I trying to make more work for you........:)

29. ThunderRoad Garage

ThunderRoad Garage
    from missouri

i tell you what... i have seen some wicked mopars getting built in the last year. I have dug somethign about this year of plymouth. its awesome to see someone bring out the potential. keep up the good work. building a 47 for the daughter, looks like i might have to build a 35 for my son now.

j

30. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

yeah i definetly know what your talking about, i dont plan to run a hood so i dont know how that would look.thank you for your suggestion buddy.