Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 International Pickup build "Little Hustler"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Miss-B-Haven Speed Shoppe, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Thought I would post some pics of the 35 IHC I am building since I have not seen too many IHC's on here. I have done alot of different fabrication on the body, starting with a 6.5 inch chop in the front and 5.5 inch in the back, 5.5 inch channel, pie sectioned the roof 1.25 in the front to nothing in the back, graphed a 37 chev pickup rear window in, suicided the doors, sectioned the doors 1 3/8 on the bottom to nothing on the top, re-worked the body lines to come together on the cowl, and continue down the hood as one, and louvered the hood. I sectioned the grille shell 5.5 inches and also added a visor, refigured the tip out windshield, made a new box and used 58 Apache fleetside front bullets on the lower tail so I could french in the 62 Impala tailights. It will be rolling on 1935 17" wires, with 5.50's in the front, and 6.50's in the rear. Powered by a really healthy 327, and a glide. I will continue to post pics as I go along. If you have a 30's IHC, please post some pics. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  2. Im liking this, the full hood treatment rocks!

3. rusty addiction

rusty addiction

4. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

I usually don't like the bobber look pick ups but you've hit the ball out of the park with this one. I love the look and the wheelbase. Great job!

5. n847

n847

I love the IHC's good to see a build on here!

6. Pete

Pete

VERY COOL! Nice proportions.

Pete-

7. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

I agree...the proportions look great! Especially liking the full hood and sectioned grille!

8. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I agree with the others, looks like a great little truck and some nice work getting there. Glad to see something a little outside the usual.

9. PRoz

PRoz

Lookin good.

Here's a pic of my 36 CS 30 I won in a HAMB Auction a few years ago. It's been on the back burner as far as projects go but to sum it up. I shortened the stock chassis 23", added a Model A type front suspension, 4 bar rear with a Dana 44 Scout Rearend, a 345 IH motor and Chrysler trans. Trying to keep it "International" .

Here's a couple pics. The Chaiis mocked up, as it sits now, the frame shortening and on the way home from Texas.

Attached Files:

10. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

Well Said brother.....i agree

11. Looks good! I had a 34 C-1 that was built by someone else so it wasn't exactly what I wanted and I eventually sold it. I would like another one in a traditional style.

12. Thank you for everyones comments. I bought the truck for a yard art project originally a couple of years ago. I was going to weld all the doors,fenders, hood, and box together, put a plastic bed liner in it full of dirt and plants/flowers and put it down at the end of the drive way to the shop for my sign. I had this vision of making the head lights come on with a motion sensor, when people pulled up, so it would light up the drive way at night. The wife figured someone would steal it, or break the windows out of it, so we decided to build it. I really didn't have a visual for it as a hot rod fenderless IHC, but I really like how it is turning out. It has turned into one of my favorite builds, and with no visual starting plan, the mind has just run wild. More pics to come.

13. n847

n847

Thanks for building it...I get so sick of seeing saveable cars burried in someones flower garden...quite a few of them in these parts!

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great start! I like what you've done to the bed. Keeping the full hood is also a welcome look for a "bobber".

15. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

This truck is taking on some great proportions me likey.

16. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I like it alot. I really like that you left the bed stock (or close) length. I'm sick of trucks with those short ass beds.

Looks great, keep it up.

17. Thanks guys, I am currently building the motor and putting the tranny together. It will have a 3000 stall 2 speed glide with somewhere close to 400 hp sbc. I am really thinking of putting an old XC8 cross ram, or an old TR1Y dual four set up on it if I can get one of them to fit under the hood. It is not looking as good as I would like though I only have 36" from the floor to the bottom of the hood hinge. I really want the pickup to have a low, sleek, clean, calm look, until you fire it up. I like to call it "Classy on the outside, and a screamer on the inside."

18. silversink

silversink

I hope mine is half that good

19. likes ihs

likes ihs
    from petaluma

like the look. i have 6 old internationals from 33 to 41. one chopped, channeled, sectioned, & z'd but with fenders & running boards.

the low one gets the looks

exterminator likes this.
  20. likes ihs

likes ihs
    from petaluma

21. Well a little update on the 35. It will be getting a TR1Y tunnel ram, and a finned shotgun scoop to match the valve covers and oil pan. I was looking for options on the intake setups tonight, and my wife said don't buy anything, or It would ruin my chrismas present. It turns out she really likes the tunnel ram setup with the finned shotgun scoop, so she bought it for me for christmas. I will show pics when they all show up. I will have to go back to the drawing board, because I really didn't want anything out of the hood, that is why I put 6 rows of louvers in it. She says that, "that big of a motor has to have a little something showing." It will be interesting to see what I come up with. Stay tuned.......

22. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Bad ass truck... I like it a lot. Proportion are great, sectioned grille is great, and I like the hood on it.

23. I went back to the drawing board today, and lowered the motor down between the frame rails about 6 more inches. There will still be a full hood, but with what I can figure, the shotgun will just be playing "peek a boo" out of the hood due to the rake in the body and the angle of the motor. I can't wait for it to show up!

24. Motor is done, and after putting it in to mock it all up, I really don't care for the look of the shotgun scoop. It is too big for the look that I am going for, but I can not fit everything under the hood unless I raise the truck 4 inches. I really don't want to do that, so if anyone has any great pics of a really short hood blister that is tear drop shaped and only about 2" tall, and 8" long, please post pics. I have limited space between the louvers, but this may be my only option. Pic of the motor coming soon.

25. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

truck looks bad ass ! stance is on the money, love the hood treatment. we started with a rusty hulk on a ton frame . nice job

26. Was wondering what you have for front suspension?
    I can't see a spring or springs nor any traveling distance between the axle and grille shell.

Looks good and glad to hear the shotgun scoop is going, nice but not for the HAMB.
    Some times the old style surfer scoop looks really nice coming thru or ontop of the hood.

27. Today I made a major decision to mill off 3/8 of an inch off the top of the TR1, mill off the choke horn on the front carburetor, drop the motor down another inch, (pan will sit 3 1/2" off the ground) and decided that I would raise the truck up 3". This will keep everything under the hood. I REALLY like the look of the hood with nothing coming out, so now I just have to get creative with a super low profile air cleaner. Now I can weld in the front cross member that holds the hidden front transverse spring, and finish the bat wings and radius rods on the axle at ride height.

28. maybelene

maybelene

I like the chop and the hood. Looks sharp. Here's my '35 in the shop last night, been working on recessing the tag in the tailgate. Not many IH around here.

Attached Files: