Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 Ford 3 window deluxe coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Coupe-De-CAB, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Will it have a HAMB,,,spreading the gospel plaque in the rear window? :confused: HRP

2. hemi35

hemi35
    from Australia

Very very nice! well done.

3. QQMOON

QQMOON

Congrats Steve great looking Coupe

4. You lucky bastard. What a great ride. I'm just jealous. I know Chevnut was trying hard to get that thing. Can't wait to see it after you fiddle with it a little.

5. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Thanks guys for the compliments on the new ride:)

when i saw the ad in the classic trader one late night as i was buying ice cream at 12 midnight for my pregnant wife ...i made a few phone calls and i was on my way with a buddy of mine to make a deal one day later. I knew i had to make up my mind quick and jump on the opportunity as it got presented to me, but i went for it and this is how she finally got home on my 8 hour ride back home.

[​IMG]

It's at Gambino Kustoms at the moment getting the radiator sent out to get flushed and re-cored, also getting new water pumps and thermostats, spark plus wires, new 6 volt gel battery and just other misc. little things to get her road worthy for the freeway.
    I want this engine to run cool as possible, so any other special/handy tips you may have from other Hambers that run flatties would be much appreciated:)
    It's a '51 Merc motor has an offy intake w/a four barrel "Carter" carburator and runs an electric fan as well.
    Blessings,
    CAB

Weeks46 and mgtstumpy like this.
  6. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

that's awesome man- I seriously considered draining my savings when it first came up and was hinted that the guy would take $17k. But, when I heard the asking price was doubled I knew it was not meant to be. Congrats, glad it went to a HAMBer who knows what to do with it!

7. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Congrats Cab, that car is beautiful!!! Here's some pics to make you smile....:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

8. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Coupe,
    Was kinda wondering about Joe's angle in all this? Did the antique dealer give you the same info that he gave to Jim, saying that the owner had died & all?
    I've had a car ripped off,but in different way so I feel for Joe, but also I'm stoked for you to have been able to save it from someone like Boyd or even Chip.
    If anyone knows the true story with how the caregiver & antique dealer came into this, do tell. I know Joe is getting up there in age and he really isn't able to enjoy this stuff all that much anymore.
    If he was snaked, I'd still like to see some justice done, like maybe the caregiver do time,problem is if the caregiver had the pink and Joe signed it,then no matter what transpired, It's a legal transaction.

Weeks46 likes this.
  9. Cab,

Will it be at the GNRS?

Dennis

10. IF done right? It IS done right.

Congrats Cab. Great to see this car in good hands.

11. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Thanks ...cool decks, especially the Tex Gibson!

12. ANewBeat

ANewBeat
    from Floriduh

Beautiful car. With history to boot. Gotta love it. Can you "pawn" a car with out proof of ownership? There has got to be a little more to this story.

13. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Cab.....please leave the skirts idea at the door.

14. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

kevin,
    as for Joe's take, i have no clue.
    the dealer spoke of many things about the car, but i didn't bother to inquire about the story of how he got it, because i had already got the low down from Jim. I really took everything that came out of his mouth with a grain of salt, because it was lies straight from the beginning, so i already was prepared for what he had to say. when I got there and asked about the car, the first thing out of his mouth was ...it's 40 grand:(

even though his ad in the classic trader said 32K or best offer of trade.
    I'm stoked i was able to save it as well, because when i spoke to the dealer on the phone, he had said he had already accepted a verbal offer of 30k from some guy from HB that was gonna hack her up, but he needed a week to sell something else before he could buy her. that's when i asked if i could come down tomorrow to take a look. Made him an even lower cash offer, he accepted then onto the trailer it went back home with me.

before i did all this though, i wanted to make sure if this deal (if went down was gonna be okay) but he had the pink, so it was legit and signed over to the woman (care taker, girlfriend) who ever she was? that Joe had trusted enough to hand it over/give to her and it was legally registered to the new owners name.

What ever the real case/story may be? it's in safe hands now, I'm gonna keep the '35 untouched, no cutting what so ever and keep Joe's history alive in the car. I heard he's not drivin or workin on cars anymore and not doing much, but i hope that he understands that when he's gone, the legacy of the car he owned/built will still "live on" while it's in my hands. Now that i know who he is now, what he's done for the hot hodders in Socal for many years in the 60's-80's, i respect him and his car even more now!
    CAB

Cyclone Kevin, Weeks46 and 19353W like this.
  15. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Cab is doing the right thing with the car. We discussed it thoroughly before he bought it and just the fact that he cares about it's history and preserving the legend of a Ford guy who goes back to the late 30's is amazing. I'd love to have the car for the history itself, but Cab is the lucky man and I am proud to have helped him make this piece of history his.

16. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Car sounds to be in good hands with you Cab, CONGRATS!.....now hurry up and lower it and get the skirts on it....hahaha

17. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Hope its not a Bad Karma car...
    I'm glad you got it... hands down, and what an awesome awesome car. I can't imagine owning a black 3 window that clean... Nice score Cab!

doesnt look like you need to do a thing... its perfect.

18. brainfrz

brainfrz

Awesome! What a stand up job of doing your homework with those in the know and making sure it retains its beauty is even better. Loved looking over the car in SF and can't wait to see it at the local SJ drive ups. Good luck with working out the flattie bugs.

Jon

19. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Coupe,
    You're the care taker now so keep it in your care as long as you can, give a lil bit of your personality and driive the wheels off it!!!! Congrats & Great buy!!!!!
    Kevin

20. Congrats Cab! The car looks great.

21. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

What a great car, and it's great to hear it's in good hands.

22. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

thank god this car is in good hands now...job well-done.

23. 19353W

19353W

Where is the car today? pics?