Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935/36 Ford Truck hood latch/catch problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53choptop, Feb 8, 2013.

1. 53choptop

53choptop

Hello all, I am working on my '36 getting it ready for the roundup, I need some help from other 35/36 truck owners (may car owners can chime in too).

I am seem to be missing what I believe is some sort of hood catch for the front of the hood sides, it keeps the hood sides from flopping around. I have the hood spring mechanism on there, but nothing it latches on to.

Anybody have any pictures of this, or can take some off their trucks (car)??

I cant seem to find anything online about this.

Gracias

2. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

on a '35 car the hood catch bracket is on the side of the radiator. sorry not sure about how a truck hood is held down.

here is a pic of the radiator where you can see the brackets on the side of it for the hood

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  3. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Yep, the original radiator bracket had a tab welded to that the hood latches to. If you have repro brackets, you will have to fab something similar to weemark's pic.

[​IMG]

4. 53choptop

53choptop

Awesome thanks for the replys,,,

Never thought about looking for an original radiator, brassworks has some nice stuff, but way too rich for my blood.

And now it makes sense, no wonder I could not find it online as a separate piece. I will not be using an original radiator, fabbing one up is not a problem, just wanted to "see it".

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013

5. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

my radiator came from walker and it had the brackets on it.