Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 1936 ford car resource thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by heyitsnate, Apr 21, 2013.

1. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

my goal is to have a definitive resource thread for these unique autos. i will start with sheetmetal and post the links as i have time. feel free to add links or information

SUBRAILS: ems company- not stock, need fitting, i believe these are 18 or 19 guage.no rear pieces by the fenderwell arch

mcpherson auto : very close to stock, nice pieces, 3 sections per side, will sell pieces individually. http://mcphersonauto.com/
    waddington street rods: formerly australia, now at nostalgia speed and cycle in orange ca.not sure if they have all of the 35/36 parts in the usa yet, but carpy tells me they are working on getting shipments. nice pieces, more on the street rod tip,good for aftermarket floors.
    http://waddingtons.myshopify.com/co...ement-sills-rocker-panels-for-all-early-fords
    FLOORS: bradley floorpans- long wait times, faithful stock reproductions, those who stuck it out say its worth it!
    ems company-street rod style, decent fit.

DOORS: walden speed shop- whole outer door skins with or without upper bead.top notch.

ems company-inner and outer door bottoms. 19 guage outers 18 guage inners.
    brookville- not 100% but i think they are making outers.sold on ebay.

COWL: howells sheet metal- these need work to fit, but are the most complete available. lower cowl from hood latch down.
    ems-center part of outer cowl bead.

QUARTERS: ahooga model a+t parts. these are new, i ordered some because they appeared to

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    jakers8082 likes this.
  2. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Cool, thanks!

3. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

(cut off!) have the correct curves.we will see....
    brookville-no feedback on these. sold on ebay
    howells sheet metal- these look complete, not sure about fit
    ems-again,not sure of fit on these.
    nostalgia speed and cycle- they have some in stock made by kelvin waddington.
    (note-all qrtr panels listed are bottoms in front of the wheelwell to the b pillar.not aware of anyone making full quarters.)

DECKLID- steves auto restoration- these outer skins look amazing.
    rarefab-fay butler prodigy making killer decklid skins. http://rarefab.blogspot.com/?m=1

TAILPAN: ems company-inner trunk riser and outer with bead. mixed review on these, but the only vendor i know of making these.

plrase feel free to update this thread with links , reviews, new products, these cars are difficult builds and a lot of people need these resources.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  4. streetrodder13

streetrodder13

Will definatly add this one to my favorites list.

5. PG

PG

Can't thank you enough. This will prove to be very helpful once I start to hammer on mine.

6. Good idea. Maybe this could be done for other body styles also. I'll add precision coachworks 19 Winsor Rd Billerica, MA 01821
    <NOBR>(978) 663-7573 frame repair parts and body mounts that attach to frame.</NOBR>

7. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

FENDERS- ems company makes lower running board function patches.
    bob drake- i talked to bob finally about the 36 ford steel coupe fenders hes working on. he says within 3 months. we will see.

8. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

Drake has running boards with bonded rubber covers(a bit pricey)
    AMMUSCLE on eBay has plain steel running boards and some other parts including floor pans
    C&G Ford Parts has a lot of the small parts like window glass channels, etc.

9. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

I have a pair of repop 35-36 windsheild post, perfect chrome, un cut..

10. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

bob drake also sells the running boards plain with no covering for around 250.00

11. 58Lincoln

58Lincoln

Bobby Walden sells roof inserts. Nice pieces that fit right.

12. carbuilder

carbuilder

I sell trunk / rumble seat inner drip rails for 35/36 coupe, roadster, cabriolet.
    The ones pictured are for a trunk lid style lower cross piece plus the left & right lower side these are if you are converting to a trunk lid from a rumble seat also for rust out repair. They are hand formed & tig welded together tough to make. They are a little long so you can trim to fit. Email me if intrested [email protected] or call 425 433 0294 Danny.
    DSCN0020.JPG

DSCN0022.JPG

DSCN0025.JPG

DSCN0026.JPG

DSCN0027.JPG

DSCN0028.JPG

Last edited: May 10, 2013
    Tim kerns likes this.
  13. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

nice danny! those look great!

14. carbuilder

carbuilder

Thanks it takes a lot longer to make then it looks like. I will be starting on a 36 roadster restoration that is a complete correct restoration, floor pan, full length rocker sills, lower quarters, tail pan, lower cowl, suround & rumble seat drip, rails & wheel tubs. The owners father had the car 35 years sitting in a leaky garage. The fram will also need repair due to rust. I will hand fab all the metal work. All of my outer skin panels will be made in 19 gauge akdq steel just like Ford used.

15. carbuilder

carbuilder

16. 36Delux

36Delux

DSCN1199.jpg

DSCN1204.jpg This is an EMS tailpan being installed. Good fit!

17. carbuilder

carbuilder

I also make the body accent line v grove in sections.
    DSCN7116.JPG

DSCN7117.JPG

DSCN7118.JPG

DSCN7119.JPG

DSCN7121.JPG

My parts are now made with the same thickness steel that Ford used 19 gage AKDQ draw quality stamping steel. They are also made to fit accurately no oversized so you do not have to rework your existing lines or molding contour. I will be coming out with more panels & parts in the future. At present all parts are hand made when I receive the order.

18. 36 coupe

36 coupe
    BANNED

I just bought a pair of EMS running boards for $450, the quality is excellent !
    For those interested who cant find an original, there is a company down here in Australia called C&W components who are now building stock height 3W coupe bodies....These bodies are awesome quality and against the US built JB Donaldson 3W or Rodz North 5W built down here, there is no comparison.

19. Coupe/roadster rear fender bolt to body edge template

I have a template I made for a patch to the top edge of a 36 coupe rear fender. See the pics. Just pay for my time copying the template and whatever postage is. Say $20 and it's a done deal.

email- [email protected]

Fender patches for the rolled edge around the wheels: He posts them on ebay every couple of months.

[email protected]

Attached Files:

20. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Signed up ! Thanks

21. 36 coupe

36 coupe
    BANNED

One thing to avoid are the cheap ass repro grilles made by Vintique !
    Save you're pennies and buy an original, you'll be much better off.

22. 2 pics - took a lot of fitting but came out great.

23. Django

Django
    from Chicago

A couple years ago Dick Spadaro came out with some pretty nice lower quarter patch panels with the correct lower body line. I believe the ones we put in my car in the 90's were from Bob Drake. The lower body line is too flat. Someday I'm going to cut them out and put the Dick Spadaro patches in.

24. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

Bookmarked THANK YOU!

25. Spoke with Bob Drake at the LA Roadster Show. He says the first test stamping for the coupe rear fenders was getting done last week and fenders would be available from October/November. There's pictures of the tooling in his latest catalog.
    Picked up a pair of his running boards, they look real nice, but haven't got to check the fit yet (they should be going in a shipping container about now.)

Bear:)

26. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

awesome! thanks! so basically that means october 2015. fingers crossed though....

27. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

28. uncle buck

uncle buck

Very nice!

29. heyitsnate

heyitsnate