Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Tudor found on NH craigslist

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 37 Millrat, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Thank you HAMB for the huge knowledge base of your members. I am still learning things the hard way but have learned alot from reading members posts. I have been hunting for years for a hot rod but something always gets in the way (bills). Saw this 34 tudor on Craigslist New Hampshire and bought it this weekend. It is very rough and probable not much more than a rat body but too cool to pass up.
    Someone found it in the woods and dragged it out on its roof. Floors are 90% gone. Hope to scrounge up parts (wheel wells, back panel) and put it on a new frame (which I need). In 10 years and a boat load of work it should be on the street. (they say there is an ass for every seat). The picture in my head is a highboy with 35 wires and no fenders. Have a superbell front end, 36 banjo rear with a 46 open drive center.

For what its worth someone may want to see the picures.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Gotta start somewhere,congrats!

3. gordspeed

gordspeed
    from Oregon

The picture in your head sounds Great! Looks like a good start, I've seen worse turned into a beauty! Good Luck. :)

4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Well! I wish you all the best. Fine a new rear bustle, graft it to the body and you will be months ahead of repairing that one. My friend cut his out and rolled a new section for about $100 and labor.

5. slammed

slammed

Real steel! Good luck to your build.

6. olskool34

olskool34

You have a good start there to a very cool car, yeah it's rough but that is half the fun! Taking something that sat in the woods, fixing the body and making it a car again is one of the most fulfilling things you can do. Just give it to Flop, he will have it looking good in no time.

7. 343w

343w

Hey it's a start, I bought my 32 tudor body 4 years ago in Texas and have been scrounging parts on here ever since. It takes time but it will all come together. Good luck from an old Vermonter in Alabama...

8. adam401

adam401

There's alot there, I think you did real well. Congrats

9. Good start to a 3 window!

Squablow and 31Vicky with a hemi like this.
  10. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Nice find. Good luck with your project!

11. v8juice

v8juice

I saw that on craigslist also. to far away for me though. Nice score

12. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Congrats on a great find!

13. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Congrates to you, mabey you can get the back from one of the many that chop those up to make coupes!

14. Squablow

Squablow

She's gonna need some work, but a real '34 Ford for $1100 seems like it'll be well worth the effort.

15. millersgarage

millersgarage

there's a floor in the classified.

Have fun, save your pennies, as I found out, Model 40's ain't cheap.

16. Congrats on your find. Somehow it looks better then the hulks I've seen here in Michigan woods.

17. Well done, congrats.

18. Who's building the coupe out of fordor on the HAMB right now? Will the fordor back panel work? Maybe, a HAMB exchange coming up?

19. No need to apologize, ya done good! Now make your dream come true.

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. ne'erdowell

ne'erdowell

It's great that another car is being saved. I like your vision of what it could be.

21. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

22. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Congratulations! I'm glad that body went to a HAMBer! I had seen it but didn't have room or extra money to divert from my current build. You lucked out ;)

That's far from a rat body for up here; there's still paint on there! It doesn't look too hard to fix either. Getting the existing steel perfect out back would be time consuming, so, yeah, try to find a replacement panel or a panel that will fit and flow with your vision.

I was going to suggest taking the metal shaping class at Performance Metalshaping in Manchester, but it looks like they're not doing classes currently. I'm sure there are other classes being offered up here somewhere though. You should at least learn enough to be dangerous with the Martin Key to Metal Bumping book.

23. texkbc

texkbc

Heres what I started with. I think they look good with 4" chop
    Check out 345winders build.

24. texkbc

texkbc

pics did not work

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  25. Thank you all for the feedback and encouragement. I have done a couple car restos and an older harley but nothing this old and ratty. I am up for the parts hunt, the fabrication and tin work.
    Texkbc, thats impressive!!

26. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

LOL, man, I'm not sure you've seen real ratty steel! You've got a clean body for the Northeast!

This is what I started with (and still have at the moment):
    [​IMG]

Chuckles aside, looking at the damage to the rear panel, you might be able to fab a patch panel for it in a weekend with just a bending brake, shrinker/stretcher, and a little planishing & bumping. Your corners look mostly OK in the pictures as does the belt line.

27. Hey PatManta,
    Seen my share of crusty metal. It looks like you turned yours around. I checked out your project, nice job. I will find the parts I need, that is the fun part.
    S

28. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Thanks! I'll hopefully be able to start on the sheetmetal work soon.

LMK what you're looking for over PM and if I see something I'll pass the info over to ya.

29. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Glad to see that body go to someone on here! Looking forward to this build.... I love the look of Model 40 Tudors.

30. Been scrounging up parts for this 34 project. Was able to get a few pieces so far.
    Complete tudor roof clip.
    Back panel (crusty)
    2 nice rear fender wells
    Sedan delivery door (picture below)

I may or may not use the sedan delivery door. The back of mine is so whooped it may make sense. The hunting for pieces is fun and you meet some pretty interesting and talented people.

I am also looking at buying a new chassis. I have my last project listed on craigslist trying to put some cash together. If anyone is interested I would trade this Harley for a rolling 34 chassis with papers. http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/4296520364.html (picture below). I would like to know if there is a frame MFG I should avoid. I am using transverse Springs (stock springs) both front and rear.

I need;
    Frame
    34 pass side door bottom
    clean back panel
    section of dash under glove box
    rockers
    panel in front of rear wheel wells
    Hood top
    Inner fenders (front)
    Millrat

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.