Register now to get rid of these ads!

1934 Plymouth Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by captainflight, May 7, 2012.

1. captainflight

captainflight

I just bought a '34 Plymouth coupe that is in need of some parts. Trunk lid or just the outer skin, grill shell & grill, windshield frame & seal, hood, garnish moldings. This is a fenderless hot rod project so the parts don't have to be perfect, just repairable. Does any one have any contacts for parts? I have searched all over the internet but have found little. Any help would be appreciated.

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Those are the same parts almost everyone has needed for those wonderful cars since the 70s.

3. Almost nothing out there except cowl patch panels.

4. verde742

verde742

There are many skilled craftsmen who can make that trunk skin for you.

5. laidbackluis

laidbackluis
    from Sachse Tx

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424398277.655333.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424398322.758643.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424398400.482286.jpg

Like others have said, it's tough finding parts for 33/34 plymouths. Here's a coupe that rolled throughout shop. It took several weeks to hunt down the correct ignition components.

6. raymay

raymay

The original post is a couple of years old. Not sure if captainflight ever found the parts needed.
    I have been helping a friend and HAMB member notaford1 with his 33Plymouth build.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/uncle-ricks-33-plymouth-project.680682 /
    We started with several cut up pieces of a coupe. It has taken quite a few years and we have often changed direction as we came up with steel parts to replace the fiberglass ones we were originally planning to use.
    Our trunk lid was a rotted disaster. It took a lot of time and patience. If you check out our build thread you will see that we were able to save it.

7. Old thread,but I haven't seen him post anything about the car in the last couple of years. HRP