Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical ´34 Ford HotRod, pg. 9 the mouse motor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Baumi, May 6, 2015.

1. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Nice build. Maybe next time I visit my relatives in Straubing maybe I can check out your 34.Here's a pic of my oma and opa's shop truck.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  2. Wow, that thing is gorgeous !

els and Baumi like this.
  3. LTM75110

LTM75110

Looking good. ..Its come a long way from the car I saw in Dallas a few years ago..Can't wait to see it rolling again.

els and Baumi like this.
  4. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Oh man I am so glad it is a fresh color now. I love the car but I never did backflips over the shade of yellow it was. But GOLD! I can be a sucker for that every time. I think you are taking this car's newest build way past where it's been.
    Just perfect can't wait to see it finished now, amazing, you just made my day, and it's not my birthday but it feels like it.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

bonesy, els, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  5. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now that's a cool shop truck! Straubing is just around the corner, I am near Dingolfing! Just drop me a line when you are here and we' ll set up a little car show and bbq and go cruising.

Thanks for the kind words folks, I highly appriciate them. I want to honestly apologize if you guys have the impression that I was disappointed by how the car was built. That is not the case, I had seen it in person at the vlv car show in 2006 and I just fell in love with it. So when it showed up for sale in the hamb classifieds and the price came in range I just had to have it, and I was kind of aware what I was getting myself into.
    I think Fabian Valdez nailed the look and the stance perfectly and he built an excellent driver. This car handles like a go cart. I learned he had to sell the car due to personal reasons and had supposedly a hard time seeing it go.
    Maybe my version is something Fabian could agree with....He built it to be driven and that's what I ll do as soon as it is done.

brEad and els like this.
  6. Runnin Shine said it well.
    Love the new color, it rocks, and will make this great Hot Rod pop.

els, Runnin shine and Baumi like this.
  7. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Cool! Thank You! Car sow and BBQ sounds like fun. If you:re in California drop me a line, My aunt and cousins used to live in Dingolfing. My families last names are Hupf and Vicari. I spent a week there! Keep up the good work on the 34!

els and Baumi like this.
  8. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Love the color,What's the name of it,Thanks Lucky

els and Baumi like this.
  9. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hupf and Vicari, alright... I´ll check my telephone book tomorrow to see if these families are still around.

Lucky, the color is called ' pearl yellow metallic', but there are a dozen shades at least. I didn't want orange or lime yellow. My idea was to kind of recreate the former solid yellow hue the car had had for so long and update it a bit .... In fact, the color is still yellow.

kiwijeff, els and 51 mercules like this.
  10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just ran across this thread today, and Baumi, please allow me to compliment you on a stellar job of rebuilding an old hot rod with history.
    Your patience and persistence are paying off in spades with a beautiful example of what a hot rod should be.

els, Stogy and Baumi like this.
  11. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Saturday a few friends came over to help me put the body back in the frame! To say I was overwhelmed to see this car going back together would be an understatement...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

brEad, bonesy, kidcampbell71 and 8 others like this.
  12. Awesome news!

Baumi and els like this.
  13. Pete

Pete

Stunning!

Baumi and els like this.
  14. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys.
    Pete, I´ve been a fan of your ´33 since I first saw it. And I bet your 32 will rock none the less.

15. brady1929

brady1929

Amazing!

Baumi likes this.
  16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Wow, sure is turning out nice. Well done!!

Baumi likes this.
  17. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Just to pretend I'm actually doing something, here are some update pics... I made and installed windowfelts for the doors and fabbed up a template for the door glass. I also started on the wiring.... Still a ton of details to work out... I put in the rest of the glass but the glass guy messed up and the windshield was too big for the frame.... He'll have to grind it down some. But that should not be a problem:)

brEad, Stogy, bonesy and 3 others like this.
  18. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very nice!!

Baumi likes this.
  19. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Great looking paint. What a great project. Titts job Baumi.

Baumi likes this.
  20. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Great story, have fun. every day.

Baumi likes this.
  21. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpg Thanks guys! When I was visiting my friend Jay in Carver, MA two years ago , he gave me this little gem. A NOS Standard adjustable voltage Regulator ! I had never seen one like that and I told Jay I would put it under the dash of my 34. The instruction says if you are cruising around town at low rpms , you can adjust the regulator for higher voltage, of you are on the Highway at higher rpm, you are able to drop the voltage... Needless as tits on a guy but I think it's cool as hell! ( not the tits on a guy:) )

brEad and loudbang like this.
  22. Very nice and sympathetic rework of a cool car

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

Baumi likes this.
  23. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yesterday I got the door glass cut, the windshield ground down to finally fit the frame and also played around with the door adjustment. Smart me had marked each door hinge with punched in numbers. Problem was, after paint none of the markings were visible any more... Trail and error. But it only took like 30 attempts to fit the drivers door without messing up the paint.... I was sweating bullets...
    Passenger door should be easier, there are only three hinges left, hahahhahaa image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

brEad, Stogy, kidcampbell71 and 5 others like this.
  24. bonesy

bonesy

Wow! I just read through this entire tread. What a build - congratulations.

Baumi and loudbang like this.
  25. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just a little update...I´m still stuck at wiring and tons of little bugs and details... but I got a set of old racing seats...watcha think?
    IMG_4825.JPG

26. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Love the seats! Are you going to get some door panels to match?

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Baumi like this.
  27. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you! Yes,the door panels, roof insert, carpet and overall interior will be simlar... Mostly black. The guy I got the seats from was using them in his 60s hillclimb racecar. He had them reupholstered recently and shortly after that he was told by tech inspection that he had to use seats with headrests...

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  28. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Perfect!

Baumi and loudbang like this.
  29. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Lookin Great

Baumi likes this.
  30. 34fordjay

34fordjay
    from Mass USA

Baumi
    I have not read all of the posts in your thread yet, but I'm working on it. Your car is looking real good. You have made a lot of improvements, but still managed to keep the original theme that it was.
    Have you started the engine yet? I wish that I was there to help you.

51box
    I don't know your name, but give me a call and lets have coffee. What kind of old car do you drive? I'm in the phone directory. Baumi will be in Carver this coming summer and it would be a good chance to hook up with him. Jay

chryslerfan55, Baumi and loudbang like this.