Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 ford three window project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Elvis100, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Elvis100

Elvis100

Stogy, brEad and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. Elvis100

Elvis100

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Is 3W same as, or different from, 5W/sedan?

4. Elvis100

Elvis100

They are all the same

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. My good one, looks like that(well, maybe slightly better)

6. Elvis100

Elvis100

I’m thinking about the speedway plain one...but I’d like an old chrome.

7. rusty valley

rusty valley

not gonna happen

8. Elvis100

Elvis100

Stogy likes this.
  9. rusty valley

rusty valley

windshields for these cars are a problem. about 3 decades ago, you might find a guy who needed perfect for his restoration of a car that probably shouldn't have been restored anyway, so he bought a new one and the reject we would prize today would be available. not true any more, nice unrestored cars only come on the market every few years. then, the new ones are another story too. speedway, cheapest, and fit ok, bare steel only. drake, good, but never in stock. from what i've learned troutwien makes all of them for the vendors pretty much. very good, its they're only business, but bare steel. nc industries makes em, in chrome, ok they say. bare steel prices run from 450 (speedway) to 650 (most others) and then you add in all the horror stories of newly chromed windshields that only lasted 4-5 years and they rot out from chemicals trapped in the folds of the frame not washed out. i have watched ebay for about 4 years and even the ones that look ok from a front view are rusted out in the bottom channel, and they think that a rusted out frame is worth 300 bucks. i need two, 3w & tudor, i have two, both not rusted out but not too pretty. one of these days i will bite the bullet and buy a new one for one car at least. i have some photos of my tool box, not done yet, will post soon. thanks again elvis, great documentary you have put up here.

Stogy likes this.
  10. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I usually use the chrome frames from Bob Drake which are made by a guy named Donald Trautwein, but no one has them in stock right now. I tried the Speedway version from Mr Roadster and the quality is excellent, but they are unchromed. Mine is at Chrome Plater Josh's place right now.

Keep up the good work, -Abone.

kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  11. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

I purchases a new, bare steel Model A windshield frame several years ago and when talking to the guy that made them, he told me to make a tank that the windshield would fit in and soak the newly chromed frame in a baking soda/ water solution for about 4 days, that would get in everywhere and neutralize the residual acid left over from the plating process.

12. Elvis100

Elvis100

Yeh, I’ve been looking for a couple years. “Good except for the bottom “

Stogy likes this.
  13. Elvis100

Elvis100

14. rusty valley

rusty valley

15. Elvis100

Elvis100

Stogy likes this.
  16. Elvis100

Elvis100

Finished up the cowl patch panels and rockers and then moved it from the rotisserie to its dolly.

Short term goals accomplished...doors and trunk close and latch, floor is in

IMG_7399.JPG

IMG_7400.JPG

17. Elvis100

Elvis100

I was skeptical when I ordered this nut insert tool. It reaffirms the saying “the right tool for the right job”! Worked way better than expected. I didn’t have the adapter for 5/16-24 for my regular tool. I tried using a bolt and nuts without success. This thing smashed it!(not literally)

[​IMG]

18. Assdragger

Assdragger

Your coupe is coming along great. I'm dealing with all the same issues and I'm slightly behind you on my build. I cant seem to find any B piller brackets so I'll just build them.
    I stole a couple of your pics to try to figure out the measurements that I need. Can you or anyone else confirm that these measurements are right or wrong? Also, can you tell me what the depth of the bracket is at the bottom of the wood?
    Any help would be appreciated or if someone has a pair of these for sale, I would be interested in buying them.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  19. Elvis100

Elvis100

I think I got the last pair from SAR in a trade for some trunk hinges. They are a little difficult to access installed, but here are the measurements I got.

[​IMG]

Stogy and brEad like this.
  20. Assdragger

Assdragger

I made my first one tonight. My main issue was that I wasnt sure how far to position the wood from the side of the subrail but I think I have it figured out. I will post a pic when I am done with them.
    Thanks for the reply.

Stogy and brEad like this.
  21. 1934victoria

1934victoria
    from Sweden
    1. 34 Fords

I have a pair of the SAR 3W B pillar brackets that I have not mounted yet. Just let me know if you need any additional measurements and I can check the dimensions on my brackets.

Stogy likes this.
  22. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

good old read, hows your car mate ?
    cheers

rod1 and rusty valley like this.