Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1934 Ford Pick-up-Gas tank question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frank32, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Frank32

Frank32

Hello All,
    For all you 1934 Ford pick-up owners, I have a question. I want to place my gas tank underneath the bed, do they make a retro kit or what tank will work under the bed?

Thanks in advance
    Frank

2. I had a '32 frame with '34 cab. Similar enough to think it should work. I used a '32 passenger car tank so it fit the frame properly. I did have to put an access panel in the floor of the bed to put gas in it. Tim

3. A '34 stock pickup would have the same tank as a victoria. Most of the aftermarket early ford parts outfits carry 'em. Mount between rails behind the rear end.

4. S Baltera

S Baltera

I Have a 32 with a Model A bed Used a TANKS 15 gallon passenger car tank.Made a filler neck with a flange that bolted to the side of the bed. Lining it up with the filler neck on the tank Used a Bob Drake universal filler hose to connect the the two necks.Used an old MQQN flip top cap.Works and looks great .Hope this helps

5. Frank32

Frank32

Ok great thanks for the replies.

6. A 34 tank is already under the bed. A 32 is under the seat.
    Here is a new Tanks stock 34 pickup truck gas tank. Its under the bed in the rear of the truck.

new Tanks gastank.JPG

7. I belive 56don is correct, 33 & 34 pickups have the gas tank at the rear with the filler tube just behind the rear fender.
    Only 32 pickups have the tank under the seat.

Mick

8. Frank32

Frank32

Good to know, the power of the HAMB...

Thank You