Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1934 ford bumpers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by viciousfishious, May 24, 2021.

1. viciousfishious

viciousfishious

Looking for some info on 34 ford bumpers. Does anyone make a nice set anymore? I was looking for a stainless steel front and truck rear but not having any luck. Does anyone make nice chrome ones anymore? Need help. Thanks.

2. viciousfishious

viciousfishious

3. You have tried the usual suppliers?
    If so, tell us who doesn't have them, that would be good information.

4. clem

clem

C39A5211-5325-48DF-8C03-3F4BC4F9D501.png

edit,
    to determine the quality, at least to some degree for this, - establish the weight and find out what type of steel was used ?
    It’s unlikely that the off shore ones have had research and development put into them, - they tend to just copy stuff using the cheapest materials.
    It’s also unlikely that there are enough reproduction ones that have suffered a crash in similar circumstances, to make an informed decision regarding safety.
    Best option regarding safety in my unqualified opinion (imuo) is to find an original and go from there.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    Just Gary and stillrunners like this.
  5. viciousfishious

viciousfishious

I’ve checked with most of the usual suppliers and most don’t have any in stock. My friend got some from speedway and the chrome cracked and began to peel in a couple of months. Any input? Is this common? Maybe he got a bad one? Maybe a nice set of used stainless I can repolish out there.