Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1934 Ford aftermarket dual pedal assembly - where to source?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bantam, Sep 28, 2017.

1. bantam

bantam

I am going to install a tko600 into my 1934 chassis rather than the automatic it is currently set up for. Can anyone point me to manufacturers of aftermarket dual pedal assemblies.......prefer under floor.... power brakes....clutch slave cylinder. Have direct experience with any particular manufacturer's product? Good? Bad?

Thanks in advance,

Bantam

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. Pete & Jakes.
    Good products for reasonable prices and excellent customer service....
    ...and FREE SHIPPING if you're an alliance member. :cool:

4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Personally, I bought this one from Pete and Jakes for my '34. I have a boxed frame so the welding was a snap. It has an inside bracket that un-bolts for pedal removal. The pedals themselves required a little heating and tweaking to fit perfectly. I am having them chromed right now along with that side bracket. I am running a non boosted M/C and a remote fill Hyd Clutch cylinder like the one pictured. I did modify my assembly slightly, in the original design (like shown) the pedals do not have a "stop" on the frame side of the pivot so I machined a groove and added a "C" clip. I also modified that triangular top bracket to allow the clutch pedal to move closer to the frame. Then I machined a spacer between the pedal bushings to take up the slack I created and separate the pedals a bit more.
    upload_2017-9-28_14-37-36.png
    The result is I ended up with 4.75" of spacing between the inside of the pedals, which is the same measurement as my 69 Camaro which I used for reference. I don't have a lot of real estate as you can see in the pic below. The pedals easily pull through the firewall and off the pivot shaft with the header on the left side of my flatty removed.
    upload_2017-9-28_14-50-20.png
    I am extremely satisfied with the purchase and the quality of the assembly. You probably don't have to modify it, I just have issues and the need to over engineer everything. I hope this helps!

Finn Jensen and Just Gary like this.

5. bantam

bantam

Thanks for the quick responses, guys!

APPRECIATE YOU!

Just Gary and Bandit Billy like this.
  6. bantam

bantam

I've been thinking about the Pete and Jakes dual pedal setup shown above, but wanted to run something else by everyone. Since my chassis was originally set up for an automatic and now I have changed to using a TKO 600 I currently have a below floor single brake pedal all set up with power booster and stainless brakes lines plumbed into it. I would love to keep that whole setup and ADD a clutch pedal setup.

Can anyone recommend a solution that allows me to keep my current setup and ADD a separate clutch pedal setup? I would prefer the clutch also come from below floor as it would seem odd to have the brake pedal swing from below but have the clutch swing from above. I guess I am open to the clutch swinging from above, but don't prefer it purely from an aesthetics point of view.

Appreciate your input in advance....

Bantam

7. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Throw up a picture of your pedal setup and let the brainstorming begin! Might be able to revamp that and add the clutch pedal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. bantam

bantam

BEDBB425-11E2-4AD7-8FAB-87B961453B00.jpeg

Aftermarket chassis with tubular x-member and boxed chassis. With current booster no room under the floor for another pedal and clutch cylinder unless somehow the cylinder pointed forward rather than backward.

9. bantam

bantam

I found this on speedway's website. Any feedback on this type of pedal. Wilwood 340-13833 Floor Mount 6:1 Clutch Pedal floor mount clutch pedal.jpg

10. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  11. bantam

bantam

Thanks Johnboy34 for pointing out the ECI units. Never saw those before. Looks like pe that design is the ticket for a tight space.

Thanks!

Bantam

Johnboy34 likes this.