Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Ford 3 Window Coupe Barn Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Plowboy, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Plowboy

Plowboy

Well, my buddy found it in a barn where it had been sitting since about 1980 and after several years of begging and pleading he finally sold it to me. There was about and inch of rat shit on the floor as well as a long dead possum.

It is a pretty well known car around the central Illinois area and I know the guy who owned it back in the early 60's. Currently it has a 289 ford, 4 speed, and a 9 inch in it.

As for the plan... I really like the Robert Lomas coupe, so whatever I do it will be channelled, chopped, and have a quick change...... but as for motor/tranny I cannot decide.

Plan A: Flatty and a T-5.

Plan B: SBC for driveablity and cheapskatedness

Plan C: If money is still tight, I am going to part out the Atomic Punk and take the Hemi, Chrome front end, and whatever else I can pilfer off of it and stick it in the 3 window. After all, that is what happened to the Mysterion, right?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
    spurgeonforge and kiwijeff like this.
  2. Damn Buddy I like it pretty much the way it is.

Of course like you I would have to tweek it.
    Your plans sound good to me you lucky duck.

3. Nice find Plowboy. Do you have any pictures of it when it was hot rodded back in the 60s?
    I am putting my vote in for plan A. Looking forward to seeing this one completed.

4. M.Edell

M.Edell

5. M.Edell

M.Edell

I pulled the small block Chevy out of my 34 coupe and building a 304" Flattie with a T5 behind it...Not cheap though...

6. PowerByFord

PowerByFord
    from stigler,ok

cool find!! cheapskatedness? heck keep the sbf! prolly surprise ya with that fourspeed in the car..an its already there lol

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

"There was about and inch of rat shit on the floor as well as a long dead possum."

This possum, was it dead a long time or was it long, as in more than three feet?

8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Wow! Cool buggy, decisions, decisions!:rolleyes:

9. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i think the car has its name. Long Dead Possum.

it needs a flatty. says the guy putting a y-block in his...

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome Aaron! When I bought that '32 you had said to be that you wanted a '33-34 truly and here it is!!! It's bee rad however you build it!!

How's the Vicky?

11. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1. You will never get the good looking young ladies on the 34 that crowded around the punk in the past.

2. Hef will never forgive you for screwing up the punk.

3. we will never forgive you for screwing up the punk.

4. I couldn't bring myself to use my punk Tshirt as a rag in the garage

there you go..............do the flat motor 5 speed

brEad likes this.
  12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

13. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Yes! The perfect name.

If you want to see how not to chop it, I'll send you pics of mine.

Who won the tug 'o' war, the Chevy or the Ford?

14. Please don't tear apart the Atomic Punk, that car is sooo farking sweet! It's my damn screen saver! I like the sbc route, but that's cause I just love those damn engines even though everyone claims they are played out.....okay maybe they are but I still love 'em!

15. Plowboy

Plowboy

I have actually been working on the Vicky. I hope to have it running for the pileup in October. We'll see. I just got air conditioning in the house. Since I have never had it, the couch is becoming very comfortable.

HRM...we'll see. I'm over the Punk. That thing is old news and flattys are expensive. I have already thrown up in Hef's driveway, so I probably won't get asked back anytime soon anyway.

Nads, I love you long time.

16. I'd just clean it up, get it running and driveable...............and kinda take it slow as to changes. 289 Ford, 4 speed and 9 inch sounds pretty nice to me. I like it when a Ford has a Ford engine, be it a 289 or a Flathead.......keep it Ford ! JMO. Wish it were mine.
    firstnomad

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Another idea is a Cadillac or Olds. A properly dressed Olds would be so rad in that car. Bleed can help with finding the right parts as he seems pretty dialed in. You, Me, Bleed, Thunderbirdesq and my friend with a Mullet and a camaro from the the rust belt are going to battle at HAMB drags!

I vote Olds!!!!

18. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

great find plowboy, i say option A i think it deserves a good built flattie

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

very cool. you gonna re-use that carpet?

20. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

i retract my statment, and second the olds idea

21. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Wear a mask if you're cleaning up that rat shit. Airborne droplets can carry the Hantavirus. We don't need you getting sick...........we wouldn't get any more updates!

22. Big Nick

Big Nick

I dont know you and we may never meet in person but you will live on in my mind forever because of this!

23. 31whitey

31whitey

Thats like a dream...

Front Bumpers gnarly...

your stoked.... congratulations

24. Labold

Labold

"Long Dead Possum" needs a flatty and a 5 speed.

25. Are those Dinosaur bones LOL !! Those wheels are the shit !! Most of the stuff I find is missing all of the goodies and that one looks complete !!! >>>>.

26. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I have a really rad grille for Long Dead Possum, LDP for short, it kinda looks like a 34 Ford that's been on a Jenny Craig diet, you could make the most tits out insert for it.

Me love you long time too.

27. Plowboy

Plowboy

Well, it is missing a lot of stuff like garnish moulding interior door latch mechanisms, and the window regulators were removed in order to install some rather bitchin' power windows. The sunroof was a nice touch as well.

I want to find a better frame and start over on it. This one has had some real questionable stuff done to it with angle iron and the like.

I am probably going to drop one of my SBC's in it for now and get it running while I build a new chassis for it. Then, hopefully, I will swap the body over and make it nice.

Attached Files:

28. dutched32

dutched32

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The interior looks like Satan's vagina and the dashboard reminds a bit of Courtney Love's nose.

30. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

So do WE!!!