Register now to get rid of these ads!

1934 chevrolet truck frame question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willie57, Oct 14, 2008.

1. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

I purchased a 1934 chevrolet pick up cab and need a frame. Is a car frame the same and if so would it be a master or standard:rolleyes:

2. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Depends on what you are goign to do with it..... Make your own like mine in avatar..:)

3. The Chevy car frames by this year tend to bow up to clear the rear axle, seems like the truck frames are straight and use heavier springs.

4. Willie, The 34-36 chevy uses its own design frame, I do not believe that a passenger frame would easily work under it. You should be able to find a frame on here fairly easily as it seems that every one who is building one throws the original away and builds their own to get them lower. For that matter, why not build a frame from scratch, its a straight forward deal and really not that hard to accomplish. I have the stock frame under my 36 and it is a pretty stout piece, it's fine if your running fenders but it might look too heavy if you run without. Good luck, Mike