Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1933 Vicky Sold!!! Going to Moal Coachbuilders..Tons of Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salt Flats Speed Shop, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Well I never thought this day would come :) But I officially sold the Vicky to Steve Moal at Moal Coachbuilders in Oakland California.

I sold steve the body of the Vicky. And it's going to be built for one of their repeat customers.

Ill be taking the body down there tomorrow, then touring their shop as well as Roy Brizio's shop. Ill be posting pictures for you guys as it goes along.

Thanks for everyone's kind words on the build of this project. It was a blast sharing it with you guys. And I'll defiantly be posting pictures as Steve updates me on the build there at his shop.

All packaged up and ready to load:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. Tim Allen?

And congrats, enjoy the shop tours...Brizio's is cool, you never know what you will find in there.

3. is steve a hamber?

4. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

No, he heard about my vicky from Brizio.

5. Cool, generating funds is always a good thing! Looking forward to the tour pics.

6. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

So are you starting a '33 '34 Roadster project with the leftovers?

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

That's awesome. You realize that if the economy wasn't as bad as it has been you would have sold that body months ago. I kept seeing it come back to the top of the classifieds and couldn't believe you still had it.
    Also while at Brizio's you will probably get some business from it being there when everyone sees the quality of you metalwork. Congrats!!

Frank

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's cool, I could not believe that it did not get scooped up earlier. yeah it was a shit laod of money but I think it was worth it.

9. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Here is the plan: Use the frame and turn it into a hot rod roller. Drop axle, juice brakes, banjo, setup for a flathead and 39 trans. Get it to sit low like my 32' sedan.

Then Get a 2 door sedan, and roadster quarters and build a 3 window coupe. Chop it bonneville style heavy like 5" to 6".

Get it all put together as a bonneville roller and sell it........anyone interested in me building for you:)

Similar chop like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Styled front end like this maybe:

[​IMG]

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn if I had the cash!!!! Shit I wish I had the cash for you to bring back my '32 from the depths of despair.

11. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

If i win the lotto today i will definetly buy it!..that is one of my dream cars!..nice metal work on the 33' by the way...

12. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

That body is a work of art.Copying something that already exists and doing it well is the hardest thing to do in the world.You did it in spades!

13. Never2low

Never2low

At least it's going from good hands to good hands. Steve and his son are good people. Wouldn't suprise me if it was for Tim, he loves early fords.

14. Well sorry it is going away, but you will love touring Steve's shop. They are a great group down there, Steve and his family. They have a remarkable metal man who built that Ferrari engined special that was on here about 3 months ago. Have fun and say hey to Mike and Dave his sons.

15. Never2low

Never2low

Last name is Kilroy, can't remember first. He's an English guy, and man can he work an english wheel. Saw him on the Rides episode. He's building a stunt bi-plane, from scratch!:eek:. Some crazy talent in that guy.

16. Chris 50

Chris 50

"Here is the plan: Use the frame and turn it into a hot rod roller. Drop axle, juice brakes, banjo, setup for a flathead and 39 trans. Get it to sit low like my 32' sedan.

Then Get a 2 door sedan, and roadster quarters and build a 3 window coupe. Chop it bonneville style heavy like 5" to 6".

Get it all put together as a bonneville roller and sell it........anyone interested in me building for you"

Trade for a nice '36 Ford 5w project on a TCI chassis? A '33/'34 Ford, especially bonneville style with the hard chop is about the only thing that would get me to come off my '36. Love your work by the way.

17. KIRK!

KIRK!

Cool. Come see us at Goodguys too if you want.

18. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

Congratulations on selling your 33 Vicki. Like others on here I have admired your talent and skills for a long time and also like many others on here would have stepped up to get the Vicki and the Willy’s if it were affordable for me also.

19. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Blasphemy! :D But that coupe that Rudy built pictured does look pretty bitchin... Oh, and fix your wagon. :D

20. 33Tudor

33Tudor

Cool! Glad to know your Vicky is going to be in good hands. Please say Hi to Roy from his buddies in El Paso!

21. Chris 50

Chris 50

Ahh! Busted!

22. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Did you sell the truck cab you had?

23. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Someone recently told me you moved from the L A area. Any thoughts of returning or are you set in Utah? How about a history lesson on you? All I know is you do OUTSTANDING work.

24. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Ya sold the truck to a guy in Florida.

25. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Actually Ive been here in utah the whole time :) Probably will stay too.

Little background:
    Learned metal shaping from Cris Boggess at the local college. Durring my courses I built an all aluminum 1940 willys coupe. Then when I graduated I open Salt Flats Speed Shop. Ive been focusing on metal shaping and chassis building. Some of the projects Ive had in the shop are as follows:

1955 Mercedes gullwing
    1932 3 window
    1932 pickup
    1936 3 window
    1933 willys
    1933 vicky
    1932 pickup
    1955 porsce
    1930 coupe
    1933 pickup
    1934 pickup
    1932 sedan
    1930 coupe
    1932 5 window
    1934 pickup
    1939 coupe
    1934 3 window
    1936 roadster

Im sure there are more but those are a few.

26. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I'm not the only one watching you build the 2 door sedan. Sometimes knowing where you came from can tell where you're going. Thanks!

27. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Ok so here is the update on the trip: (Give this a few min. There are plenty of pictures)

Friday we dropped off the Vicky to Moals and toured their shop. I met the new owner of the vicky. His name is Eric Zausner. He is Steve Moals main man, and they finish him a car every couple years.

They have a lot of incredible build going on right now. Here are some pictures:

Me handing over the 33' to Steve Moals capable hands.

[​IMG]

George Poteet's 32' 5 window

[​IMG]

Eric's 34' boattail

[​IMG]

Eric and Moals metal shaper

[​IMG]

Eric's 36' roadster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next we went over to Eric's place and saw his collection:

His 32' roadster:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next was Roy Brizio's place. They had lots of cool projects there. Plenty of my favorite 32's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all the pictures from the trip. I defiantly came home with a renewed drive to pick up the pace here at my shop. Hope some day I can have people as excited as I was to come see my shop.

HEMI32 likes this.
  28. racemad55

racemad55

From what I've seen your work is right up there with the best of them !

29. rodncustom

rodncustom

Looks like a good trip. It's always nice to see what the big boys are doing.

30. eberhama

eberhama

Is your '36 5-window-turned 3-window ever going to see the light of day again?