Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1933 track nose coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by geckotitan, Nov 8, 2013.

1. geckotitan

geckotitan

13 years ago my father sold this 33 ford track nose bonneville chopped coupe to a friend of his just 2 hours south of Syracuse ny I was 20 years old and fell in love with this car but couldn't afford it. About 5 years ago I really started pushing the owner to sell me the car which hadn't changed in the almost 10 years he owned it. Long story short after Calling and annoying him monthly and then weekly the past year he called me one sat afternoon and said come get it before I change my mind.... Now I've had a lot if cool cars but never fell in love with anything the way I have with this car. I have many ideas and plans to make it my own and will keep this thread updated as I progress.. Now mind you I know this car is purple(not my choice) but the frame is purple the suspension body motor everything is purpl so changing the color was out of the question for me since I'm surely not a painter and don't have 10k to make it black like it should be so I am trying to make due with what I have... This is the car when I picked it up in sept... View attachment 2071063 View attachment 2071064 last two weeks my good buddy bman has came over and started lettering it to try and break up the purple View attachment 2071065 View attachment 2071066 View attachment 2071067 View attachment 2071068 View attachment 2071069 tonight I mounted up a set of Kelsey Hayes bent spoke w Firestone dirt track tires ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383961877.691681.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383961892.000763.jpg next up an is gonna put 33 on the doors and lay out the ivory scallop on the nose and good.... Then off to spray it .. Hopefully be done in next 2 weeks then on to the interior ... Plan on ordering some vintage kirkey aluminum seats for a more race feel. Oh ya and I just ordered custom plate. Bon evil for it

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. geckotitan

geckotitan

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383962241.343469.jpg
    Bringin her home

Attached Files:

3. geckotitan

geckotitan

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383962289.144088.jpg Bman doin his thing

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Shit man that's pretty damn cool!!!!!!!! Only changes I'd make on it is Chrome the hair pins or cad plate them, ditch the knock off caps an paint the exhaust where it hangs own black.

Don't do number 33. It's too cliche. Pick a number that's significant to your father or something.

Such an awesome car so far. CONGRATS!

5. That car is awesome man !!!

Even in all of its purple majesty

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The purple now seeing it in the daylight looks pretty cool. Definitely can be made to look the part of an early 50's Compe coupe with some touches. Since the car is really well done I think trim rings and '35 Center caps would make the wheel/tire combo look more finished (and this is coming from a guy who loves to leave trim rings off wire wheels). This car just begs for the finishing touches to be totally bad ass!!!

7. racemad55

racemad55

Looks great,nothing wrong with that color,needs flat saltflats wheel covers (ala rolling bones) or some no window hals (natural finish) Did dad build the car? Hope we see it at Syracuse nats next year.

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

YUP!!! That one can be saved, and it looks like it's headed in that direction. Keep us posted as the transformation continues.

Frank

9. Man,I love the look and the wires and knockoffs are killer! HRP

[​IMG]

10. Wow - Things must have been tough for your Dad to sell that! What a cool ride. Congratulations of getting it back...

Ed...

11. jimdillon

jimdillon

So far so good-that thing has the look for sure-Jim

12. Cargo

Cargo

That's a niiiiiice coupe. Purple isn't the best color for any car, in my opinion, but I wouldn't hold that against a car with a chop and track nose like yours. Your on the right track with breaking up the color. A little chrome will go a long ways. Best thought so far is some fresh salt splattered all over the car after a run on the flats! Have fun.

13. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Way sweet! It needs a WWII oxygen tank, too... Fill us in on its history!

14. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Very cool car and the purple is OK too...

15. Now you need a purple duece .
    Concord purple on your coupe ?

Attached Files:

16. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

That stance is spot on

17. Somebody

Somebody

On mans that is gorgeous! The color, stance, wheels, nose, chop, all perfect!

18. 1 word BITCHEN

19. touring20

touring20

Keep the purple ! Wicked chop stance ETC. (How about some numbers on the side ?) A cherry version of rolling bones !!!

20. I love the car and the purple is just fine! Definitely needs door numbers, and because of the flashy color, maybe a little color added to the lettering. (maybe a small shadow)

21. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

That thing is awesome

22. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

How about a black scallop on the nose to match the wheels . A little more subtle than ivory . My 2 cents .

23. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

That coupe is frickin' cool. Don't over do it on the lettering/scallops, less is more.

Scotty

24. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Nice! JMO, the only thing I would change would be some polished Halibrands for it. I like purple. Subscribed.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  25. Kind of funny !
    Considering when this car was built

26. thequietwon

thequietwon

Hate purple, but love this car...
    Any details on the chop? It's spot on...It has been channeled too...2-3"? Any build or detail pics? PLEASE? Congratulations, and she is sure heading in the right direction...
    Sam

27. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

Im diggin the purple to be honest! Awesome car!

28. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Would be nice to add chromed hairpins. Nice to see hand lettering too.

29. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

That's a killer car, I saw it at the Wampsville show this past sept. we need more cars like that around here and less pastel street rods.