Register now to get rid of these ads!

1933 plymouth 5w powered by HEMI

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shtterbug8, Feb 12, 2013.

1. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

not much to see yet. got the frame out of the stash o parts and a 53 chevy truck front end. the base of the build.

the engine build is going on at another thread. i thought it be best to keep the engine by itself until completed.

the frame is a 1929 chevy from what im told.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bizcoupeguy

bizcoupeguy

i am speechless

3. STREETREBEL

STREETREBEL

Can't wait to see that!

4. magneto57

magneto57

Wow..............rich

5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

'33/'34 Mopar coupe with a hemi...oh yeah.

6. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

wish i had more to show everyone... here in a few months some good progress will be going on. i bought a conversion kit just yesterday for the front end.

[​IMG]

here is a link to the hemi build
    hemi build link

7. uglyoldcrow

uglyoldcrow

GREAT! I'll be Watching! Mine is a 34 Plymouth five window with a 241 Red Ram. I kept the frame but ditched the IFS. 9 inch Ford. Keep us Posted, Jim

Attached Files:

8. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

picking up the main body as i speak.... frame has front end attached now as of this morning and disc brake kit installed. yay. 3-16-2013

9. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

here is the pictures of what yall been waiting for....atleast part of them....hahahha

the front half of the car is from a 33plymouth 4dr. SOLID and hard to come by in kentucky or any state east of the mississippi. heck even the original subfloor is still attached.

the rear half i still have in the enclosed trailer. will be getting it out and laid on the back half here in the next couple days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

interesting....my coupe rear half is shorter in height from the body line up to rain gutter. looks like im going have to chop the front half or make the rear half taller. :confused: i guess the person who told me the two halfs were the same was wrong. ohwell. where is that damn zawsaw:D

11. farmer12

farmer12

Looks like a killer project!

12. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Love the old Mopars and I also like the Chevy frames with the parallel leaf springs. Just different, I guess. I made a huge mistake one by selling a nice, '32 Plymouth 3-window and chassis. I'll blame it on bad women and good alcohol.

Keep after it. It'll be cool as shit.

13. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

rear quarters and trunk will be mopar sheetmetal. no lisense plates here.
    the 29 chevy frame is being used because it was really solid, cheap, and similar to what a 33plymouth would be. buggy springs front and rear. the 53 chevy truck front end is because once again buggy style front suspension. also 53chevy truck aftermarket scene is huge. 33 plymouth parts are not. i just installed the disc brake kit for safety reasons.

here is the progress ive made today. passanger quarter panel tacked on. measuring up the differences....1.5" total in height. not bad. once its stretched out no one will ever know.

also if anyone is wondering this mopar is NOT for sale...EVER. personal build. being built to suit my tastes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

got a little more done today. im only working about 1.5 to 2 hrs at a time during the week because i work 10hr day are work and commute 2 hrs to work. so i dont get much free time any more like i used to.

drivers side tacked up and the rear window replacement clamped up. looking good to me. the rear window is a little higher than stock....inch and half to be exact. lol.

the rear half is off the donor 4dr.

remember guys....just trying to get everything fitted up. original tin is hard to come by nowadays.

the trunk opening near the window im measuring 38 inches wide. this is a measurement i made before the two rear quarters were seperated. i need to know the measurement nearest to the taillight panel or gas tank. not sure if the opening stays the same or widens. so if anyone has a coupe out there can you please bust out a tape measure for me? thnks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

This is gonna be an intresting build to follow, looks like your not afriad of welding...

16. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

i enjoy welding. take pleasure in making nice beads. my profession is being a technical welder for a Nascar Hauler. the company name is Kentucky Trailer Performance Trailers. i primarly use the heliarc machine. aluminum and stainless. but i do mild steel also.

projects like this one do no bother me. have messed with alot worse in the past.

17. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Thats even makes it more intressting, love metal surgury....

18. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

Very interesting build.I'm curious on why you chose to raise the back rather than to lower the front.With the smallish quarter windows it seems it would keep a better proportion without making that window look real long and skinny. I also am working on a basket case 33 plymouth and you can see some pics on "uncle Ricks 33 plymouth project". It was a coupe with a very rusted top that I cut off and is now a convertible. Good luck its coming along nicely!

19. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

i raised the back verses the front for several reasons. One i was going have to cut the back half anyways. Two its easier than cutting the front doors and windshield. Three it would give me a little more head room inside and more options on seats later on.

20. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

2hrs later and this is what ive gotten done today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. farmer12

farmer12

That is some progress in only 2 hours, awesome!

22. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

My friends are going to the charlotte swap meet.if you are interested in anything let me know you could save some shipping and pick it up there if you or a friend will be going...thanks Rick

23. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

Wow, awesome project and great work on it!

24. Putputboom

Putputboom
    from Fresno

Neat build I like the 33 Plymouth a lot as my brother is currently building one. If you ever come across a rumble seat lid I would be very interested.

25. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

did some more work today... grabbed some rachet straps and did a crap load of measuring. welded some braces in....then attached the lower tail panel. its not the best thing in the world to work with but its a good pattern. rusty rusty rusty. damn. tail panel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. rat nasty

rat nasty

looks like your on track!keep going!

27. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

ooooo my back. working by ones self sucks. went picked up the rearend today....front fenders and rear fenders. rear ends are heavier than what i remember and boy o boy did my back remind me of that. right now its thubbing like hell. pulled way to hard and tried to lift the darn thing like i was a teenager. being just 29 that wasnt that long ago it seems.

anyways...i will post pictures once its mounted onto the frame. just wanted to rant while i rest my back sitting on the lazyboy

28. rat nasty

rat nasty

work smarter not harder! the older i get the lazier i get!

29. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

Nice work on your body and your garage floor looks really nice! Keep up the good work!

30. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

yes i just had the garage floor done about a month now. i love it. been trying to keep it as clean as possible but its amazing how dirty a floor can get when a project rolls in