Register now to get rid of these ads!

1933 ford wishbone question!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32fivewindow, Nov 4, 2011.

1. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

1933 ford chassis, stock front (un-cut) wishbone currently on a 48" ibeam axle... I need to go to a 46 and obviously the spring perch is narrower by 2 inches. Is there enough flex to fit the narrow axle? Thanks Guys and gals.

Attached Files:

2. alchemy

alchemy

You can pull it together, but it won't fit in the frame then. I modified a '32 wishbone to do the same sort of thing by heating the back forging, and basically pushing (bending) the ball forward. I did one side at a time and made sure the measurement from the CL of the ball to the CL of the axle matched the original. So when it was done, instead if a V the forging kind of looked like a shallow W.

3. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

THanks for the info! Darn, my wishbones are beautifully chromed! I wonder how far it will lean the axle forward. Time to do some math I guess! I could move the ball pocket back i guess on the tranny mount underside?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  4. titus

titus

I had a narrow super bell axle in a 34 years ago, i just squezed the bones in a little to fit the axle and it all bolted in the chassis just fine

i must have had good luck!

jeff

5. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

Nice thats what i wanted to hear.

6. titus

titus

hopefully, every car has its battles!