Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical ***1933 ford drag car survivor****

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 31whitey, May 14, 2009.

1. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

2. 7&7

7&7
    from Colorado

Steering wheel 57 Buick I have the same in my coupe.

3. chickenwire

chickenwire
    from New Jersey

That car is cool!! sweet find man!

4. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah that car was for sale in FORT WAYNE Indiana.................Some Widow had it waiting for a relative in Florida to make an offer........Cool Deal glad to see it will make it out in Public again. Fellow worker had a chance to buy it thru a Mechanic from a TEPS DEALER FOR Macalister Equipment ..............he thought it needed to much work.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  5. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I Put it on Gasser Madness................you owe me a BEER................some day................

33 Ford Sedan 1960's Old Custom - Fort Wayne
    by GlassThamesDoug on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:22 am

Heads Up,

This just came up in an email. 1933 or 1934 Old custom car with vintage Olds (50's) tripower all steel car. Has motorcycle fenders. Looks like it drove out of the 60's. Lady said it has been in the garage for 40 years in storage.

Old style rear end. Photos I have, yuou gotta move on this one. Comment from some people that it is an old jalopy, (wait to you see this one) guarantted winner in rat rod at NHRR if you get it running. Has what look like motorccyle fenders, and split bones, and cool exhaust cut out.

High end potential, I have too many irons in fire, let someone have fun.

Doug
    GlassThamesDoug
    A/GS

Private messageE-mail

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  6. solid

solid

7. pyro3256

pyro3256
    from OKC

just my 2. but i would not leave it as is. patina and all is cool for the average ride found. but this is ,was a top notch build. and should be honored as such. to preserve it imho would be to restore it as needed with out changing a thing. do what needs to be done on the drive line. remove rust where it is repain all white. basicly restore it as it was when it hit the street. not refinishing not improving just turn back the clock stop the aging prosses. is something needs to be replaced with new copy it down the the tee. overspray bad welds (if there are any) ect,ect. that would be awesome! i just think leaving it as is and driving it would be like a vintage toy collector deciding to open a mint package and give it to his kid.(not that you a kid)
    hope you know what i mean. love it great car. i'm sure you won't have any problem finding help on this one!

8. pyro3256

pyro3256
    from OKC

take a million or so pics as reference and to keep us drooling!

9. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

10. Yeah, I agree it needs to be restored to it's former glory before time took it's toll...or it'd make a great parts car for my coupe....

11. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I wouldn't restore that car...

12. It's only original once. If it was a basket case, then restore. I'd just clean it up, fix anything unsafe and drive it.

13. BoulevardBomber

BoulevardBomber

14. 31whitey

31whitey

31modelo...I wanna grow old Evel Kneviel style...only with less crashing.

ahotrod...wish it was running...I guess you called dibs 1st ride....

Comet...ya still not definite on the block year....and I have been wondering where all the japanese guys are....there bike scene is amazing....pure....PM me...when u got time

Breeder...I didnt know you were lokin for a yugo...

newjersm3...I would love to do something to the level of Mark Conforth...just not this car...his stuff rules by the way.

Texashardcore...CRU is rad....thanks man...best compliment yet.

7&7...Thank you for the I.D.....

Chicken wire...thanks man...is that your sedan?

15. 31whitey

31whitey

GlassthamesDoug....your the man dude...hell I buy ya keg....let me know when your having some friends over....I"l have it delivered....
    thank you...

solid...cool man.

pyro3256...I know what your saying i would love to see this car PERFECT....It will never be because this car has aged nicely...Its more than patina man...this car still has it.

16. 31whitey

31whitey

Axlearmada66...thanks

Rocky...this car still looks good...just cruddy...but i hear what your saying....I would love to START with a car this complete and nice...the end result would be awesome.

Evel...damn bro your gonna love this one....You know man!....this thing has some great old chrome left under the crud...somes fucked....some paint still looks great...This thing will clean up nice....part by part.

Comet...my feelings pretty much...

thanks bbomber

17. mow too much

mow too much

Very nice car, I'm with Comet sometimes you lose alot when you try to restore them, the car has so much going for it as is, but saying that I would have to lower the grille down a hair, but hey thats just me, I'm like you I could just sit and look at it for hours, COOL car. :cool:

18. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Man, I keep coming back to look at this car. It would be really hard to decide what to do with it if it were mine. So many possibilities....do you leave it as is, clean it up and get it running, restore it to it's original glory...just don't know...Whatever you do I'm sure it will be right. By all means, keep us informed on the progress...this is one thread that will only get better with age, like the car.....

19. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My Profile is my Car (THAMES)..........I Will be at shows around this year, Might make it East this Summer and Fall...........Glad a true rodder got it.........would have hated to see the car vanish into a 30 year storage coma............bobbed rear fenders..............too cool......dates the car pretty well.

My Birthday Present......Don Hampton Super Charger.....Wife Said Go Ahead And Get It..............

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  20. S.F.

S.F.

That thing is AMAZING how did I miss this thread! WOW WTF, I would trade my roadster for that right now!! MAN THATS SO COOL!

21. Didn't post the first time thru because all I could think was AMAZING, simply AMAZING.
    Good luck, glad a hamber got er.
    And those wire looms are the stuff this hamber Dreams OF. f'N COOL

22. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Any more info on this car? Any fresh pics? I think about it every single day.......

23. D.SCOTT

D.SCOTT

im extremely jealous! your the man

24. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Awesome car, much better than the pics when it was for sale. Glad it went to some one who appreciates the timecapsule that it is. I say get her running and back on the street, she must be antsy after sittin all those years.

25. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Don't know the answer to that, but B52 white was a real popular color if you were building something while in the USAF back in the early 60's.;)

26. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

That IS one cool old build. Hope that someone turns up some history like with the Hamke roadster. Thats a nice example of simple but nicely built early car. I think your on to it with the piece by piece clean up and leaveing it as is. My pick for favorite Barn Find of 2009.

27. hemiheadnc

hemiheadnc

....would love to see your ride at the GoodGuys in Charlotte this fall. I'm all for preserving what you have found....

28. 31whitey

31whitey

Hey guys....thanks for all the advice and info...

Still searching for the ORIGINAL builder....and any HISTORY....

The sedan was pulled out of FT. WAYNE, INDIANA.....

This ran a flathead, stock everything else....now olds.

The story I got was, that after working for a short while at the BARRIS shop, RED(widows husband) and DICK DEAN(I think he was a big MERC guy) drove a 1939 Packard back from T.J. after it was upholsterd. Its was REDS packard and he traded it for a running driving flathead powerd 33 sedan....the flatty was quicky replaced with the olds and the car was changed to suit it.....most all the cool stuff is believed to be done by Dick and Red, after there stint at the BARRIs shop.....Its easy to see that these guys knew what they were doing, and had access to many cool little parts. They both worked at I.H. and I think pulled a bit of a johnny Cash...everything is laid out perfect on this car....super thought out.

Here are some old pics.....not sure of the year....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  29. that car friggin rules!!!

30. 31whitey

31whitey

Thanks pal....

My beach is so screwed right now.....

High tide came right over the dunes....the beach strand is basically quicksand....with a river.....

Crazy stuff washed up.....

HUGE GLASSY WAVES....for like three days....