Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1933 drag link question

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by fnjunk, Mar 22, 2017.

1. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

Hi guys after some help has any made a adjustable drag link for a 33/34 Ford?
    I was going to make one from two tie rod ends only problem is they will only have the spring on one side unlike the factory drag link that has it on both sides of it push & pull.
    I have fitted a f1 steering box drop 32 axle and modified factory 33 spindles so need adjustment to get my 40 steering wheel straight.
    Would appreciate some ideas on what you guys have done.
    Thanks Fnjunk

2. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

3. Not totally sure of what you are asking. The drag link does not need a spring end if you are using tie rod ends. They are threaded for adjustment. Do these pictures answer your question? Coleman R&R 005.JPG
    Coleman R&R 001.JPG

4. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

Thanks mate but I'm running the original pitman arm and spindles so they have the traditional ball on them and the factory drag link has spring in either end.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. dwollam

dwollam

Center your steering box 1st, then hopefully your steering wheel will be centered, then make your drag link to fit. Steering box itself needs centered to work properly.

Dave