Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1933-34 Ford 5-window Modified Body Value?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnyhotrod, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

IMG_1975.JPG IMG_1973.JPG I've been asked if I want to sell this body and am not sure what to ask..? The quarters aren't bad, and I've seen way worse roofs. The windshield opening structure isn't too bad. Drivers door is the worst of it. Any ballpark ideas on what '33-'34 five window bodies fetch in this condition? It's got some history. I was contacted by the builder who says he's got pics!

coupe33 likes this.
  2. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

It is hard to put a price on something in that condition. I would ask him what he will give you and decide if that is acceptable to you. A major project for someone. I would not start on something like this as the parts all look damaged to me. $100 - 200!

3. Having built a couple of cars from almost nothing, there is almost nothing there to save.

mike bowling likes this.
  4. Neat old piece of a modified. Would make some cool yard art to sit beside the garage.

5. Jon I think for yard art or for a few donor pieces a $200 dollar bill would be reasonable.
    $300 or more is a pipe dream.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. BJR

BJR

2 bills, yard art or hang in a restaurant.

7. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

image.jpg Just sold this old race car for $400. The gentleman drove over 8 hours one way to pick it up. There's always someone dedicated enough to save this old tin. I'd wish I had enough time myself. Good luck!

8. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

There isnt much left there besides a few chunks that might help someone else save a body. But that one is pretty far gone to save itself....at least as a nice car. It would make a good roundy rounder though. I'd guess it in the $300 - $500 range.

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

About three years ago I paid $1500 US for this old race car body. Yours looks to be not as straight, so may be hard to get much out of it. IMG_0020.JPG

10. Toqwik

Toqwik

I run pawn shops for a living. Rule number one is he who speaks first loses. I would say I really don't want to sell it but I will entertain an offer. Might be way more than you think.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

31Vicky with a hemi and The37Kid like this.
  11. The37Kid

The37Kid

It sure wont look better with the Bondo burned off it, I agree with the others that 2-3 hundred would be fair. Bob

12. I see nothing worth saving except for yard art.

13. 66gmc

66gmc

Too bad Im 2000 miles away. I would love to take a crack at saving that hulk.

14. Pete

Pete

The roof on that car is worth a lot more that $300.....look around, try and find one. Part it out and make more....don't give it away John

spurgeonforge likes this.
  15. Squablow

Squablow

I'm working on making a '33 4 door sedan into a 5W coupe and if that thing were next door to me and I could buy it for $500 I would grab it right away. Some of the little sections on that car, grafted into mine, would get me a lot further along and save me some fab time. Would be really hard to fix that back into a whole car but the sections of sheetmetal left on it could be very useful. It ain't much, but it's far from junk.

16. Pete

Pete

Exactly.

Squablow likes this.