Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1933 - 1936 Willys, picture thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by WillysRule, Dec 5, 2010.

1. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Was going through some papers to throw out and found these that I cut out of magazines in the 70s.

Does anyone know any history on the "Super Willys" posted by willys rule. I met that guy at the street rod nats east in Timmonium MD and the car was a street rod with a sbc. I bought the Ohio George or Virgil Cates steel front fenders from him. I still got them.

Pat

Attached Files:

2. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Antignano Bros Pontiac powered A/G at Dover Drag strip around 1964

Pat

Attached Files:

3. 35willyspickup

35willyspickup
    from Hawaii

4. coupemerc

coupemerc

God bless Bobby Ellison. RIP

5. wvenfield

wvenfield

Over the years I've asked about this car. When I was a kid Jerry Moody lived across the street from me. I remember going over and looking this car over quite a bit. I was around 8 years old when this pic was taken and the car was gone a few years after this so the particulars I likely never knew but here it is. I found a pic.

[​IMG]

This was supposedly taken at Thompson in 1970. Anyone have any more info or have any idea what ever happened to it?

6. acreator24

acreator24

My uncle built this truck. I would LOVE to find out who owns it and talk to them about it. Anyone got any ideas who owns it these days??? I'll never forget the ride I took in it. We went to the good guys car show in Columbus, Ohio.....the sound of that super charger was amazing!!

7. Cant wait to see some of these on the track at HRR in Bowling Green.

8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

you and me both

9. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Some more gasser material...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

A few more. Don't really know anything about this one, but it was pretty cool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. CENTURION

CENTURION
    from SEATTLE

Traveler

Attached Files:

12. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Back in the olden days, this is what a stock '35-'36 Willys looked like.....

13. trueblood1

trueblood1

1935 Willys Sport Coupe by Holdens.could someone please help me find my 1935 willys sport coupe it was stolen of me 21 yrs ago i was living in lobethal in the adelaide hills in s.a when my ex stole it of me

14. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Some more gassers...

Wynns car currently owned by HAMB'r Ltownrodder
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Weasel

Weasel

I saw it in Vern's shop in Tustin, Ca a couple of years back....

16. Weasel

Weasel

17. dogcatcher33

dogcatcher33

Oh contre!!! My total passion is the 1933 willys--Home of the ORIGINAL Dog Catcher--and soon to be Dog Catcher #2 and a 33 Willys Coupe-as soon as I find out how to post pixs I will post some

Attached Files:

18. rfraze

rfraze

004.jpg PICT0052.JPG PICT0058.JPG PICT0062.JPG Here is one you may not have seen for a while. 4 bolt lift-off steel body and doors, 4" chop, unfilled roof, lift-off front fiberglass nose pieces with tubular frame, glass widened rear fenders, glass full length pinned trunk lid/tire indent, aluminum interior (centered seat left-hand steer), full tube chassis, ladder bar 8 3/4 Chrysler rear end, currently BBC w/trans brake glide. Jim Kirby says he built this car as #13-14 or so, but did not remember for who. Supposedly, it lived around Memphis at one time. I found it in east Texas in the late 80s, where it ran at Hallsville, I believe. Vic Custer may have changed the front axle to the Mustang II. It ran in Oklahoma before being made just barely street legal in the Dallas area. I moved it to California in the early 90s and proudly drove it from LA to Bakersfield with it's 4.5 gallon fuel cell and no gas gauge. More than one gasser legend has driven it part of the way back to LA. It now lives between Eugene and Bend, Oregon. I am looking for info on this car and will post pics of distinctive parts to help identify. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. (As soon as I figure out how post a picture)

One pic on p.62 post#1221 (Thanks Paul) More - p.68 post#1354

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    elgringo71 likes this.
  19. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Would love to see pics of this car. Sounds like it's pretty awesome.

20. 33HEMI

33HEMI

This is Photo of Rob`s (rfraze) 33 Willys.

newly%20lowered%2033%20004.jpg

21. 33HEMI

33HEMI

22. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Thought I would share some of my recent E-bay purchases with you guys.

AFK1.jpg AFK2.jpg

AFK3.jpg AFK4.jpg

W-M-W-33.jpg Panella-33.jpg

23. Replicarz

Replicarz
    from Vermont

Hi friends,
    We are interested to make a series of blown 33's in 1/18 scale diecast. If anyone has good digital images you can email me, knows current car owners or has other useful info to really cool looking Willy's please send to me at [email protected] or call me at 802-747-6672.
    We will be grateful for any help and will offer special discounts to any members who would like to purchase.
    We are working with Rocky P to do both of his!!
    Thanks in advance
    Brian Fothergill
    Replicarz Inc

24. 33HEMI

33HEMI

25. kim cooney

kim cooney

Im new to this site...I would like to contact JJ the guy with the 35 willys
    as I am restoring plus rodding one.

26. kim cooney

kim cooney

Hi g-willys, I'm new to this forum, how can I contact the guy JJ with the 35 willys
    How do I get info on the roof insert that you mentioned. Plus some other stuff I would like to ask him. I'm restoring a 35 willys nostalgia rod.

27. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

How about a "roundy racer", Indy racer Rolla Vollstedt built the car in the 1st photo, it ran GMC six and a Desoto Hemi. Pictured here after he sold it another Indy great, Art Pollard who installed the SBC. The second shot is after it was reworked to an "offset" Supermodified retaining only the roof section.

Attached Files:

28. Kim Cooney,
    Kim,
    I was at my cabin for the weekend. JJ is from Bakersfield CA, but I don't have his current contact number. The issue that has the roof insert information is Issue number 44 from the Mid America Willys Club (from before the McIntyre's took over the club) Nov/Dec of 1995. See if you can find any rodders in your country that may have old Willys Club issues. I will continue to look for JJ's contact info. You can get the kit from Juliano's, but JJ had a great way to put it on a Willys roof.
    I haven't put mine on yet, but will be starting this summer.
    Stay in touch,
    g-willys

29. I am JJ from Califoria. I will post some pics from that article. In fact I will scan it and post it here. Father's day and the grandkids are screaming at me to come swim. Later.

30. Willys 36
    Jeff, thanks for seeing the post...got my '36 painted 2 weeks ago, and the roof insert is one of the next things to do...everything is in place, and I have the aluminum strips ready to go as well. Now I've got to be really careful with all that nice paint. Have studied your article...now it's crunch time! Has your phone number changed?...or still the 805 number?
    g-willys