Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1933 - 1936 Willys, picture thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by WillysRule, Dec 5, 2010.

1. krassandbernie

krassandbernie

Wow! You were down into the 8's on that run! Guess you had your foot into it that time. I see you beat John. What did he run? The link didn't mention his time.

2. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

LOL...yea I guess I had to go that fast to beat John... John is a good guy, don't remember what time he ran that day. We were there to put on a show.... We had a blast, I do remember that... Soooo.. I've answered all your questions, how bout answering mine... Will you and Ken be at Beaver Springs for the BIG AA/GS SHOOTOUT...?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  3. krassandbernie

krassandbernie

I'll have to bring it up the next time I talk to him! Who's putting it on? What are the rules? Who's paying out, and how much? What cars will be there? Lay it on me so I can give Ken a shout right away! This sounds cool!

4. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Rocky.........How ya doin........ They asked us to bring our 33 Willys coupe over to some new show in Phili March 25 thru the 27th. Are you guys going to have any cars on display. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

5. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Eddie,

I don't know the particulars....all I do know is this is a perfect opportunity for you guys to actually RACE someone instead of crying.......

Regardless of what it pays..we'll have our cars there. Hope to see you and Ken there too.....

Rocky

6. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

I don't know...those two and three day car shows drive me nuts! lol I keep asking what time first round is! I'll probably come up and visit....!

7. krassandbernie

krassandbernie

Ouch! There's no need to be derogatory! I simply asked a couple questions. I just figured with all the hype you've been putting out about this BIG gas shootout that you might actually know something about it. Do you have a link to more information or something? How did you find out about it? Ed

8. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Rocky
    Was looking at your Schedule. If we don't see you at the show we will catch up to you at Quarter Aces. Thats only a short drive for us. Miss Daniels asked us to go to the Gators this year for the 60th NHRA anniversary.......were you thinking of going?

Attached Files:

9. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Derogatory...? Where do your read that? I'm just stating a fact... You two been crying about no one to race...thought you would jump at this. Out of respect to Mark, I'll set up a new thread for the AA/GS shootout, so we don't take away from his.....

RonaldR likes this.
  10. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Congratulations on being asked to go....that is quite a honor. Eileen Daniels is a sweetheart.... I'm glad she didn't call me, I can't say no to her! lol We are working on a bunch of new projects, don't know if we'll have time or not. I'm sure we'll see each other somewhere down the road..if not Quarter Aces, I'm sure Maple Grove... I'll make sure I stop up and say hi at the Oak's show...

Rocky

11. krassandbernie

krassandbernie

Yes, derogatory.........

–adjective tending to lessen the merit or reputation of a person or thing; disparaging; depreciatory: a derogatory remark.

What I don't understand is how you'd expect Ken to jump into something that apparently even you know nothing (or little) about? You did say that you don't know the particulars, right? Again, I was simply trying to find out more information about this BIG gas shootout........sorry for getting excited....Ed

12. Hey guys, there's this thing called Private Messages where conversations like these should take place. You're in danger of getting this thread closed for histrionics like this.

13. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Eileen is really the reason we are going. Youre right......I could'nt say no to her. Will be looking for you guys,you always have the BEST lookin cars and put on a great show. Doesnt matter if theres only 5 people in the stands.I can't wait to see the new projects.:)

Attached Files:

14. krassandbernie

krassandbernie

15. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Look up "Respect"... I told you I'll open another thread for the AA/GS shootout with some more details...I KNOW Mark doesn't need your drivel here. (you can look that up too...) lol

16. krassandbernie

krassandbernie

Back to the pics! Here's another cool truck that Coonrod had!

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
  17. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Thanks Hutch..! Glad to see your here!

Rocky

18. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Here a Great Photo from Bob W

Attached Files:

19. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Ok guys (Rocky & Ed). Let's just chalk up the talk to friendly rivalry. We all love the Willys and AA/GS, and let's focus on that. We all have some great pictures and stories to share. Let's let by-gones be by-gones, and focus on what we have in common instead of the differences.:)

Now, back to the show!!!

Ok, I posted these on another thread, but thought they deserved a place here. I'm pretty sure this pickup is owned by Don Dunham, the same guy that once owned the Flirtin with Disaster (ex BC) 33 Willys. This pickup was so badass that it almost inspired me to switch from building a coupe to a pickup. The sad part is, once this truck was running, the owner took it out for testing, blew the engine, oiled the tires, and crashed the truck, destroying it. I'm sure it was devastating. I've tried and tried to get in touch with Don Dunham, but I haven't had any luck or any leads that have panned out. Even though the truck is gone, I'd still love to talk to Don to find out more about it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Mark,

That is a bad ass truck! Looks FAST sitting still....!

Rocky

21. krassandbernie

krassandbernie

No wonder I never saw it before! LOL! That's a shame!

22. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Paul Days 33 now in the heavy right foot mad man Scott Hasko &
    Vinnys 33 the old Jack Merkel is undergoing being restored both cars look gooooood

"Trouble"

Attached Files:

23. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

How is Vinny doing with the 33? He is usually at the Old Time Drags at E-town, but I haven't seen him the past couple years....

24. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Good thread Mark LOVE it

Trouble

25. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Dam...your a quick learner! I see you figured it out! GREAT pics!

26. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Hey Trouble. How's it goin'? Glad you found the thread. Any more done on the Austin?

27. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Hanging in there i will call you soon to yack it up i cant type like i can talk good for some bad for others[​IMG]

28. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Hi Paul, good to see you here. I'm sure you'll have some great photos and info to contribute. Welcome aboard. Mike

29. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Bummer. You're saying he totaled the B&C car (I saw that one on the Jackson Bros video) and this truck? What a shame.

30. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Actually, Don Dunham had sold the Flirtin/BC Car to Jim Tipper. Tipper is who wrecked the BC car on the Gasser Files. There's a pic of the car somewhere in this thread, after Tipper rebuilt it and took it to Denver in 94. It was sort of a pale yellow/cream colored primer. The biggest difference is that this time around, it's a street rod. No more racing and wrecking. I spoke to Tipper about 6 or 7 years ago, and the car was coming apart for final paint and assembly. I'm sure like many people, funds run low, or other projects get in the way. Maybe it'll see daylight again one day.