Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 y block install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billylo, Aug 24, 2008.

1. billylo

billylo

Does anybody have any good pictures of a nicely done 32 with a y block?
    I finally got my engine for my 32 squared away. I kind of half way set it in to look at it and realized my firewall has to move back. I am going to take off the T-bird water pump spacer and harmonic balancer. That will give me another inch, but it still will be tight. Here are a couple of pictures with my engine setting loose. Any detailed pictures will be appreciated. Thanks,Billy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. billylo

billylo

3. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

not alot of advice for ya but that is gonna be sharp man!

4. Rusty

Rusty

What steering box you gonna use?, I know that the drivers side gets really tight with a stock or F1 style sterrng. Gonna have to get some ramhorn exhaust ($$$) Looking really good. Nice to see a Y-Block being used

Rusty

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

What a great looking Y block. Just beautiful. I can only tell you we tried installing a Y- block into a 32 roadster and realized it just wasn't going to fit without major sheetmetal and crossmember reconfiguration. Why did we give up. We had a rebuilt flatty to put in its place and the Y- block was also rebuilt but didn't look any thing like that beauty. Good luck. Get it in there. How many 32's do you see with those engines..

6. Mark T

Mark T

I think the guys at Rolling Bones built a '32 with a Y-Block.

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Yes they did but i think they recessed the firewall.

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Might check with Brookville for one of their flat firewalls. It could solve your clearance problem and they are beaded just like a stocker. You can more than recover the cost if your Gennie is in good shape. Ebay prices for gennie '32 stuff is through the roof.

Frank

9. billylo

billylo

Tommy thanks for the picture I wish you had one of the other side.

Rusty I think your right it looks like I am going to have trouble with my steering box. I had planned on F100 box. I guess will see.

Fab32 I cut my firewall to fit, but it had already been cut up years ago. I had just put it back almost stock. Brian Bass gave it to me so I would like to think him. I hope to have it welded up by this weekend. I will keep it posted. Anymore pictures especially the driver side would be appreciated. Thanks for the comments. Billy