Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 Tudor rear seat - What to use?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotti32, May 19, 2015.

1. scotti32

scotti32

Hi all,

Been working on my tudor project, getting close to interior options. I have 66 mustang front seat which fit great. look great. I do not have any original parts to build a back seat. Can anyone offer ideas of a bench seat that would fit without much modification? Thanks

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. Early s-10 , pull off the slide mech and fab 2 brackets to bolt it in. Simple and just the right size.

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

use another pair of mustang seats in the back for a different look.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

I have an original back seat, but shipping might be prohibitive. Look at third row seats from vans. You can make one from plywood also, foam and upholster.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.

5. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I went to the local pull a part and found a caravan seat that was 43" wide. It worked perfect altho I made my wheel houses a bit wider to get some bigger tires under the fenders. The kool thing with the dodge seat I found is that it flips forward so you can stow some things behind the seat.

6. If you want a original rear seat send a PM to Greg.

Mac's has the replacement rear seat springs and they are very expensive. HRP

7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

On my first few sedans I make the back seat out of plywood and foam.

8. scotti32

scotti32

Thanks for the replies. I think i may have to go the plywood and foam to save on $. I did use coupe/roadster wheel wells to replace the rusty originals, so it is 1 inch narrower each side. The local car dismantlers do not let people just look around at stuff any more due to insurance risk. A seat out of a mini van might work if i can find one that looks like it could fit.